Record Store Day 2021

I fucking need this. Well, really - I just want the Seu Jorge stuff. But this is my favorite Wes Anderson flick too
same although i think this is a case where the bootlegs that are just the seu jorge bowie covers is better than the actual LP

same although i think this is a case where the bootlegs that are just the seu jorge bowie covers is better than the actual LP

No doubt he does a fantastic job on all the covers but i'd be lying if I said I didn't get a bit fatigued listening to the entire thing at once since I only truly understand his English lyrics. I do wish they would have made an extended version of the soundtrack where it includes a lot more then just 5 of his tracks though as that's too far in the other direction. That's mostly just a personal problem though since I do not understand Portuguese and it says a lot that I can still love the covers so much just a bit difficult at times to last for the full 14 covers.

Saying that, i'd still also buy a full official version of just his tracks but prefer to have other tracks from the movie mixed in.

No doubt he does a fantastic job on all the covers but i'd be lying if I said I didn't get a bit fatigued listening to the entire thing at once since I only truly understand his English lyrics. I do wish they would have made an extended version of the soundtrack where it includes a lot more then just 5 of his tracks though as that's too far in the other direction. That's mostly just a personal problem though since I do not understand Portuguese and it says a lot that I can still love the covers so much just a bit difficult at times to last for the full 14 covers.

Saying that, i'd still also buy a full official version of just his tracks but prefer to have other tracks from the movie mixed in.
I have that bootleg of Seu Jorge's Bowie covers and I completely agree with you. I get fatigued too. 4 or 5 tracks is good for me, then I shut it off. I think the lo-fi recordings also play a part in the fatigue.

Any rumors on BFRSD? My local said it was def going on a while ago but, here we are 2 months away and still nothing.
Georgia Blue, the new covers album from Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, will be released digitally on October 15th. The celebratory recording features guest performances from Julien Baker, Brandi Carlile, Béla Fleck, Steve Gorman, Peter Levin, Amanda Shires, Brittney Spencer, Chris Thile, Sadler Vaden, Adia Victoria and John Paul White. All proceeds will benefit Black Voters Matter, Georgia Stand-Up, and Fair Fight.

An exclusive vinyl LP will arrive on November 26th as part of Record Store Day Black Friday.

List is up!

Edit: Looking like a cheap day for me. I'll be after that Broken Social Scene, but since The Life Aquatic is RSD first I'm not too stressed about getting it. Not a whole lot else popped out to me on first pass through.

Last edited:

THE LIST IS OUT

Isbell is a must have but at 12k should hopefully be pretty plentiful. Some other interesting items for me are the Munsters, Lera Lynn, Fleetwood Mac and the Willie/Merle/Ray trio album, but this may be a one and done pickup for me.

Last edited:
Nice to see that Chuck Prophet - No Other Love on there, been waiting for that to be available. Great album. Maybe the Life Aquatic and a couple of the Jazz titles. Need to look through it a few times and give things a listen or two.

Sun Ra and Sons of Kemet are my must-haves. Isbell is a strong-want. Lots of other things I'd consider considering if my finances were more akin to last year, but thankfully, since they are not, there isn't too much that feels absolutely necessary for me.

Back