Record Store Day 2021

It sounds like there were many delayed pressings but also I was reading some shipments were delayed so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a ton of those especially appear at some point in the near future. Who knows for sure but unless that's an absolute must have i'd wait it out.

Then again that was a release I thought would be discounted in a month or two after reading the pressing count so it shows my massive underappreciation of the remaining fans of disco. #StayingAlive
That's right - there are still boxes of RSD product out there so some stores will still receive stock. DeeGees was a scam I think - I don't believe there were 12,000 pressed, and many stores got no allocation at all - yet the flippers are out in force.

Hail Satin will drop in price - real soon.

Last edited:
Anyone get the Fear record? Is it worth it? It’s been a bit difficult to find for a reasonable price online so far. I’ve picked up the Barney Wilen and Bobbie Gentry releases and Fear was my possible other one I’d like to pick up.
Same, any reviews on this one yet? Was pleased to find Cro-Mags yesterday and it sounds good to my ears. Now if we could just get the SSD albums reissued...

If anyone is interested in that Ultravox it was the only one I missed yesterday but just found it on ebay for $16 shipped. Looks like they have a couple more still. Must be a mistake? But I'll bite.

Stuck to my guns and didnt go to my local this year as the line just gets longer and longer every time. Its just not worth showing up 4 hours early to still be at least 20-30 folks back.

Popped by the nearby Newbury after my morning haircut and grabbed quite a bit from my wantlist and was in and out. And then got everything else without hassle from Plaid Room and my Local when they posted leftovers in the evening. Most stress free RSD ever.

That's right - there are still boxes of RSD product out there so some stores will still receive stock. DeeGees was a scam I think - I don't believe there were 12,000 pressed, and many stores got no allocation at all - yet the flippers are out in force.

There must be a hundred copies on eBay right now, all ranging from 100-500 dollars. If people won't buy them at those high prices, that much competition will force those prices down.

My store got 20 Dee Gees. I was 16th in line and by the time it was my turn, there were probably 10 left.

I dunno on the DeeGees, they’re arguably the biggest active rock band in the country that isn’t on Social Security put out an actual RSD exclusive (for now) that is very out of left field for them that got at least music media attention for It in advance There could be boxes on their way to stores but 12k may be legit, That Billie Eilish last year was 1.5x that and sold out.

I still think these prices are inflated but maybe not by as much as we think…

Agree with the sentiment that Hail Satin will drop in price. My local hadn't gotten their shipment of it as of yesterday when I was there. Assuming there are many, many stores in the same boat. Distribution is so messed up as of late.

Another longshot, but has anyone in the UK seen the Bill Evans - Behind The Dikes Resonance release anywhere? Cant track down a single copy!

Anyone know the mastering source for the Donna Summer? Only way I’m picking it up is if it’s the Ryan Smith mastering VMP used. Still kicking myself for not picking it up when I could have.

Back