Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

i just need to know if the sleeve city 2.5 are big enough to hold a 3LP album
Depends on the jacket. I have some 3LP have 1LP in one fold and 2 in the other of a gatefold. Fits fine because it’s about as thick as any other gatefold. A trifold? Unlikely

Depends on the jacket. I have some 3LP have 1LP in one fold and 2 in the other of a gatefold. Fits fine because it’s about as thick as any other gatefold. A trifold? Unlikely
not really a trifold but i have a 3LP non gatefold AND a 3LP 3 sleeves but gatefold

not really a trifold but i have a 3LP non gatefold AND a 3LP 3 sleeves but gatefold
It's hard to say without seeing it. The 2.5 are a standard size - same you'd get with MOFI. So if the MOFI can fit then the 2.5 should. If not, then no.

i just need to know if the sleeve city 2.5 are big enough to hold a 3LP album

it really depends on the thickness of the sleeve, not that thats helpful! maybe some would but I’d wager the vast majority need the oversize ones.

It's hard to say without seeing it. The 2.5 are a standard size - same you'd get with MOFI. So if the MOFI can fit then the 2.5 should. If not, then no.
ok its the same as the mofi i am perfectly fine... both the LPs fit in a mofi outer

Has anyone used these MoFi knockoffs on Amazon? Only $25 for 100

I've always used MoFi and more recently the Sleeve City Audiophile then the 2.0's for my cheaper records.

I recently bought some no brand outer sleeves due to them being a supposed great deal and having good reviews but they ended up being a huge downgrade from Sleeve City so was hoping to get some actual hands on opinions before I get stuck with these.

is anyone using Katta sleeves ? ive seen someone post in a profile post or so about similar sleeves but cant find it.
im thinking about moving on from the inner sleeves i use and giving those a shot

what are your favorite outer sleeves.. i found mofi to be really nice but incredibly pricey... and though there is a lot of nice stuff about the 2.5 sleeve city bags... they are a bit TOO thin and also feel pretty cheap and flimsy, and sometimes not wide enough.. im thinking maybe the 5.0 bags would work along with like a couple box set bags but i dunno how much better they'd be

Personally, I like the 2.5 sleeves at sleeve city much more then the 5.0's even outside of considering the more expensive cost but I def. think that opinion changes quite a bit from person to person. I think the 5.0's are too firm which makes it just a bit more difficult to get records in and out especially gatefolds. They also don't allow the record jackets to go all the way down, they almost create a buffer between the bottom of the jacket and the shelf. They do offer extra protection I guess but it's unnecessary protection for my situation at least.

Maybe it's because many years ago I started with 1.5-2.0mil and those felt too flimsy so about 4-5 years ago I believe I tried the 2.5 and 5.0 and came away preferring the 2.5 and still do to this day but you can't go wrong with either one. I made the mistake twice of trying other outer sleeves over the last few years and both times I regretted it and wished I would have just bought more from sleeve city tbh.

Also, remember with every order you make with Sleeve City you're allowed to get 4-5 samples which is usually where I get my 10" inner and outers since I don't have that many but you can grab the different outers and see which one works best for you.

Personally, I like the 2.5 sleeves at sleeve city much more then the 5.0's even outside of considering the more expensive cost but I def. think that opinion changes quite a bit from person to person. I think the 5.0's are too firm which makes it just a bit more difficult to get records in and out especially gatefolds. They also don't allow the record jackets to go all the way down, they almost create a buffer between the bottom of the jacket and the shelf. They do offer extra protection I guess but it's unnecessary protection for my situation at least.

Maybe it's because many years ago I started with 1.5-2.0mil and those felt too flimsy so about 4-5 years ago I believe I tried the 2.5 and 5.0 and came away preferring the 2.5 and still do to this day but you can't go wrong with either one. I made the mistake twice of trying other outer sleeves over the last few years and both times I regretted it and wished I would have just bought more from sleeve city tbh.

Also, remember with every order you make with Sleeve City you're allowed to get 4-5 samples which is usually where I get my 10" inner and outers since I don't have that many but you can grab the different outers and see which one works best for you.
I agree with ya 100%. Used to love the 5.0 but they are TOO firm and I also didn’t like that the sleeves didn’t go all the way down because of how firm the bottom of the 5.0 sleeves were. The 5.0 do look super nice though when displaying album art. The color seems to pop more on the record sleeves and they seem to be more clear but maybe it’s just wishful thinking because they are more expensive...

I now only go for the sleeve city 2.5 and they almost always have a 15% off coupon although I believe with shipping it was cheaper through Sleeve City’s Amazon page last time I ordered. I tend to buy 100+ sleeves each order since I know they will end up being used.

what are your favorite outer sleeves.. i found mofi to be really nice but incredibly pricey... and though there is a lot of nice stuff about the 2.5 sleeve city bags... they are a bit TOO thin and also feel pretty cheap and flimsy, and sometimes not wide enough.. im thinking maybe the 5.0 bags would work along with like a couple box set bags but i dunno how much better they'd be
My local shop always has these in stock. No issues unless were talking about unusually wide gatefolds or trifolds. But for 90% of stuff they are perfect.

My local shop always has these in stock. No issues unless were talking about unusually wide gatefolds or trifolds. But for 90% of stuff they are perfect.

that’s what I use for 90% of my records too, nothing fancy but they do the job required

Has anyone used these MoFi knockoffs on Amazon? Only $25 for 100

I've always used MoFi and more recently the Sleeve City Audiophile then the 2.0's for my cheaper records.

I recently bought some no brand outer sleeves due to them being a supposed great deal and having good reviews but they ended up being a huge downgrade from Sleeve City so was hoping to get some actual hands on opinions before I get stuck with these.

I’ve got a bunch of these. They are similar to MoFi, but not the same. That said, I can’t tell exactly what the difference is, they just seem a bit different. Great for the price though.

sadly i have a BUNCH of big gatefolds and stuff and one sleeve that is so big a normal sleeve city or mofi sleeve wont fit without breaking. i mostly just want working with the thicc records i can get AND not feeling so slippery and annoying moving it around

I’ve got a bunch of these. They are similar to MoFi, but not the same. That said, I can’t tell exactly what the difference is, they just seem a bit different. Great for the price though.

Awesome to hear, appreciate the reply!

I just found out something crazy today out of left field, I was in San Luis Obispo having my car serviced and went to a record store where they had these and noticed they are actually made locally there haha. They had a 50 pack for only $12 so I grabbed that to try them out. I cant test them out until next week so your reply made me a bit more confident about it though.

They got some similar 7" inner sleeves as well for a great price I might have to give a try as well.

Awesome to hear, appreciate the reply!

I just found out something crazy today out of left field, I was in San Luis Obispo having my car serviced and went to a record store where they had these and noticed they are actually made locally there haha. They had a 50 pack for only $12 so I grabbed that to try them out. I cant test them out until next week so your reply made me a bit more confident about it though.

They got some similar 7" inner sleeves as well for a great price I might have to give a try as well.
I love SLO! what store? and please report back on the sleeves if you have any additional thoughts

I love SLO! what store? and please report back on the sleeves if you have any additional thoughts

I usually just go to Boo Boo Records but had some extra time and hadn't been to Cheap Thrills in awhile and they had those branded sleeves there in all the different sizes which def. surprised me as i've been thinking about buying them on amazon for awhile and all this time they were locally made haha

SLO is dope tho! Did you used to live around here or just visited? I'm actually in Paso but go out there every couple months at least.

I'll def. report back sometime next week on the sleeves, they seem solid at first glance so i'm hoping I can switch since the price is def. right and would be cool to support a local product instead. The biggest issue I seen people saying on Amazon was that there'd be some sleeves in a package where the record would be a super tight fit and cause crimping or splits. Has that happened to you much?

I usually just go to Boo Boo Records but had some extra time and hadn't been to Cheap Thrills in awhile and they had those branded sleeves there in all the different sizes which def. surprised me as i've been thinking about buying them on amazon for awhile and all this time they were locally made haha

SLO is dope tho! Did you used to live around here or just visited? I'm actually in Paso but go out there every couple months at least.

I'll def. report back sometime next week on the sleeves, they seem solid at first glance so i'm hoping I can switch since the price is def. right and would be cool to support a local product instead. The biggest issue I seen people saying on Amazon was that there'd be some sleeves in a package where the record would be a super tight fit and cause crimping or splits. Has that happened to you much?
visited- my dad went to CalPoly and gigged around back when, so lots of family friends and stays in that area over the years.

and I have not tried them yet, but saw some of those things when perusing the reviews. interested in more feedback before ordering, I might be fine with them not feeling the same as mofi when they cost 50%, and most of the ratings seem pretty good.

visited- my dad went to CalPoly and gigged around back when, so lots of family friends and stays in that area over the years.

and I have not tried them yet, but saw some of those things when perusing the reviews. interested in more feedback before ordering, I might be fine with them not feeling the same as mofi when they cost 50%, and most of the ratings seem pretty good.

Yeah, that's about how I feel as well.. If I don't post anything by the end of next week I might have forgot and you could message me if you want and i'll let you know.. I should get through at least half the pack next week so i'll have a good grasp on the quality at that point.

Back