Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

So sleeve city seems to be a popular place to get your sleeves, any feedback on the 3mm resealable outers?

I've only use resealable sleeves because I'm trying to protect my collection from any excess moisture in the air - we live right on a coastline. This limits my buying options with sleeves which is a pain, am I being overly protective and should consider other non-resealable options that come in much heavier thicknesses etc...

I'd really like to be using MoFi outers...

Beginner question here: I’ve finally started to sleeve all my records with the actual vinyl outside of the cover. Now, what am I supposed to do with boxsets? Leave as is in the snuggly hardcover box, or individually sleeve? If so, what if the records no longer fit in the box?

Beginner question here: I’ve finally started to sleeve all my records with the actual vinyl outside of the cover. Now, what am I supposed to do with boxsets? Leave as is in the snuggly hardcover box, or individually sleeve? If so, what if the records no longer fit in the box?
Oooo sleeve and leave outside of the cover? Why haven't I done this? It'll make it a lot easier to get the record out of the tight sleeves now I've got proper inners on them all...
With regards to boxsets, both of mine (Dylan BoB MOFI and Cash - Folsom Prison RSD) still have enough space for the records and new inners. But personally I'd try and keep records in the hardcover box for added security. I think I'd worry also of losing records / boxes that weren't combined together in one place.

So sleeve city seems to be a popular place to get your sleeves, any feedback on the 3mm resealable outers?

I've only use resealable sleeves because I'm trying to protect my collection from any excess moisture in the air - we live right on a coastline. This limits my buying options with sleeves which is a pain, am I being overly protective and should consider other non-resealable options that come in much heavier thicknesses etc...

I'd really like to be using MoFi outers...
I’ve been very pleased with all of the products I’ve bought from them. However, I have not used resealable outlets. Normally, I would say get a sample, but you’re in Australia... I know @NathanRicaud was using Sc products and shipping was a beast.

I don’t store box sets in the box. I’ve been using the record outside the jacket method for several years now and am a big fan.

I’ve been very pleased with all of the products I’ve bought from them. However, I have not used resealable outlets. Normally, I would say get a sample, but you’re in Australia... I know @NathanRicaud was using Sc products and shipping was a beast.

They charge a fortune for international postage. It’s pretty much the price of what you buy again. The only way to make it affordable to here was to use a redelivery service.

Yeah, I spent around US$250 and paid US$220 for shipping...:mad:

But I’m dumb 🤷‍♂️ 😂

Their inner sleeves though are 👌🥇🔥

Yeah, I spent around US$250 and paid US$220 for shipping...:mad:

But I’m dumb 🤷‍♂️ 😂

Their inner sleeves though are 👌🥇🔥

I’d forgot just how insane you were. I bought about the same valve as you and it was about that price shipped direct to here.

I got free to the parcel redelivery guys and it was €30 across the Atlantic!

Does it mess up the beauty of spine only when all stored on the shelves? And any issues with gatefold sleeves being crushed flat?
Just don’t overstuff your shelves and you’ll be fine. I think it actually protects the gatefold better since you aren’t constantly taking it in and out of the sleeve to get your records out. I personally am a fan of this method too. The only small thing is that you cannot fit quite as many records per shelf since storing the records outside of the sleeve makes each sleeve thicker. But it’s SO much easier to grab a record out and throw it on your turntable.

Just don’t overstuff your shelves and you’ll be fine. I think it actually protects the gatefold better since you aren’t constantly taking it in and out of the sleeve to get your records out. I personally am a fan of this method too. The only small thing is that you cannot fit quite as many records per shelf since storing the records outside of the sleeve makes each sleeve thicker. But it’s SO much easier to grab a record out and throw it on your turntable.
I’ve got myself a job for the weekend it would appear!

Cool, I'll search out a solution for us down here.

I've used myUS a few times and saved quite a lot on international shipping. I was disappointed by their consolidation service though. They clam to repackage and save on weight / costs, but they just put LP shipping boxes all together in a large box so I costed me more than expected (still cheaper than having 5 packages delivered internationally though)

Back