Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I use these super thin inner sleeves for everything. They are inexpensive and fit inside the existing paper ones that come with records, or function all on their own. This is the perfect solution if you have an old record with a tight jacket and not much room for the record. Instead of storing it behind the jacket, you can use this thin inner sleeve as it takes up less room.

I noticed whenever I bought a Japanese pressing, or one from certain labels that use this type of inner, they typically looked remarkable. I like the rounded side so things don't get bunched up in the corners when putting it back in. Also, they are mostly transparent, so you can still see the label.

I'm sure there are better inners, but these are roughly 18 cents a record.

Yeah I gotta get the Mofi sleeves for my keeper records. The rest can get the cheap sleeves.

How come no one told me how long it takes to transfer a collection into outer & inner sleeves...

my god my back hurts

Welcome to record collecting sir! You should see the stack of records that I haven’t even listened to yet that I bought at goodwill, let alone switch up the inner sleeves of the ones I’m keeping.....I’m getting a headache just thinking about it right now.

I’ve got 100 fresh new outers to put on this weekend. It’ll also give me an opportunity to update and sort my Discogs listing and move some records about!

I received an order of these about a week ago - Vinyl Storage Solutions - 4 mil Dual Pocket Outer Sleeves

The need for outer sleeves is compelling enough for me to use them, but honesty the futzing is kind of a pain. Kinda interrupts the process when I'm listening to music. (first world problems and all)

These new sleeves have completely eliminated that for me. I'll never go back to single-pocket sleeves, Ever! They're not cheap but fit well and seem pretty durable. I pre-ordered a pack of the non-adhesive "dual flap" design. (apparently coming soon). I just might like those even better.

Is there any difference between the MoFi inner sleeve and the Diskeeper 2.0?
Between those 2 I would go with the MoFi to be honest, but I would go with the Diskeeper Ultimate over the MoFi. The rice paper lining makes the sleeve a bit more rigid and easier to get in and out of jackets or outer sleeves, depending on how you sleeve your albums. They are a bit more expensive, but I couldn't recommend them enough ;)

Between those 2 I would go with the MoFi to be honest, but I would go with the Diskeeper Ultimate over the MoFi. The rice paper lining makes the sleeve a bit more rigid and easier to get in and out of jackets or outer sleeves, depending on how you sleeve your albums. They are a bit more expensive, but I couldn't recommend them enough ;)

Good to know! Will probably wait until my purge before I start buying the good stuff.
Thanks!

So, I’m out of sleeves. Something tells me if I wait like three days, Sleeve City will have a code, right?
They have them pretty often yes. But I think you can buy through Sleeve city on amazon and from what I remember pricing was similar if they are still on prime.

Edit: Forgot it’s 4th of July soon so yes they will likely have a 15% off sale.

Last edited:
Back