Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

tbh i really like i really like the mofi outersleeves (even if i got them by accident) but i dunno why.. they just feel very comfy (the only record that didn't fit them that wasn't a box set was numero group and codienes frigid stars LP... which has a thick spine that frustrated me)

i like how super thicc the 4 mil polyethyline feels.. its just super comfortable even if its a little tight... maybe i need something a slight bit looser

Last edited:
also what would you reccomend if you have only about 2 or so 10" and 7"

my 7" already have paper sleeves but i feel i should clean them... and my 10 inches as well.. but i dunno if spending the money on like 100 is worth it

also what would you reccomend if you have only about 2 or so 10" and 7"

my 7" already have paper sleeves but i feel i should clean them... and my 10 inches as well.. but i dunno if spending the money on like 100 is worth it
If you have a local record store go in and ask if you can just buy a few off of them.

If you have a local record store go in and ask if you can just buy a few off of them.
i can go and see what 7inches and 10inches they have.. but i wont buy the sleeves immediately (which is what i wanted to know about.. the only 10 inches i got are 2 vaporwave albums and 2 non invisible records)

i can go and see what 7inches and 10inches they have.. but i wont buy the sleeves immediately (which is what i wanted to know about.. the only 10 inches i got are 2 vaporwave albums and 2 non invisible records)
I mean just see if you can buy 5 or 10 loose sleeves from them instead of having to buy 50-100 from a place online. Otherwise buying them in bulk like that is really your only option

I mean just see if you can buy 5 or 10 loose sleeves from them instead of having to buy 50-100 from a place online. Otherwise buying them in bulk like that is really your only option
Ooooh

What sleeve would fit a triple LP? I got the Patsy Cline Decca Masters and it won't fit into my regular sleeve cities.

Depending on how fat it is it should fit into the extra large sleeve city 5.0. I fitted mono masters and the stones 50th Beggars Banquet into them despite both being pretty bulky.

Depending on how fat it is it should fit into the extra large sleeve city 5.0. I fitted mono masters and the stones 50th Beggars Banquet into them despite both being pretty bulky.

so they aren’t so big that there would be a whole lot of extra material hanging off?

trying to think of other albums i have of a similar size— Kanye’s MDBTF comes to mind

so they aren’t so big that there would be a whole lot of extra material hanging off?

trying to think of other albums i have of a similar size— Kanye’s MDBTF comes to mind

Not for those those two! I’m still surprised that the mono masters fitted in any sleeves! AMOK by Atoms for Peace is the other super thick album that they were good for!

They are big though and most bigger doubles fit into the normal sleeve city 5.0, but if it doesn’t fit them then they are the next size up and will fit some pretty sub substantial records in them!

5.0 aren’t that much bigger than the 2.5. Only slightly so (albeit thicker). Seller sleevie wonder on eBay sells oversized sleeves that are bigger than 5.0 but fit triples or oversized jackets really nice. For example, I have Fragile Deviations in one and it fits comfortably although it wouldn’t fit in 5.0s

edit: d/r I see you’re taking about oversized 5.0. But the sleevie wonder rec stands

double edit: my experience is in fact w the oversized 5.0s. I had to double check what I have

triple edit: at this point, if you’re already not, I’d best advise you to ignore me. I’ve lost all credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
how much smaller are the sleeve city 2.5's compared to the mofis... i am thinking of buying 3 of them for the rest of my records BUT i do have triple LP sets and my sonic CD and OKNOTOK on vinyl just BARELY fits in it.. and i feel like the ultimate box set stuff is too big for this since thats meant for box sets and not trifolds and 3LPs

Random question- anyone else get Thom Yorke's Anima and have a hard time knowing how to sleeve it? I was able to fit it in an oversized Sleeve City outer, but it's really thick and open on the top rather than the side, so I was wondering if anyone knew of where to get an oversized fold-close sleeve, something like what the Stereolab reissues this year came in.

Random question- anyone else get Thom Yorke's Anima and have a hard time knowing how to sleeve it? I was able to fit it in an oversized Sleeve City outer, but it's really thick and open on the top rather than the side, so I was wondering if anyone knew of where to get an oversized fold-close sleeve, something like what the Stereolab reissues this year came in.
I just planned on buying the box set sleeves

I think it’s an unsleevable one, it’s eventually ripped through one of the oversized ones here.

i just need to know if the sleeve city 2.5 are big enough to hold a 3LP album

Back