Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

They do take up a bit more space that way, and you have to be more careful not to over stuff your cubes or you'll damage the jackets, but I do this too and think it's best.
I don’t think it matters which method you use, you have to be careful not to over stuff your cubes.

I don’t think it matters which method you use, you have to be careful not to over stuff your cubes.
Absolutely, I just think you have to be more careful with this method because there's no reinforcement in the jackets. Especially with gatefold jackets it can crush them more easily when the record is out of the sleeve.

I bought a record a few months ago which is 12.25x12.25 and 0.5 inches thick. It comes with a scrapbook which has the same size except it’s 0.25 thick. Which outer sleeve would be best? I imagine VSS has the best options?

I bought a record a few months ago which is 12.25x12.25 and 0.5 inches thick. It comes with a scrapbook which has the same size except it’s 0.25 thick. Which outer sleeve would be best? I imagine VSS has the best options?
I like these for oversize jackets. I just can't remember if I've put anything 1/2" thick in one before.

I like these for oversize jackets. I just can't remember if I've put anything 1/2" thick in one before.

I’ve looked at those as well but the thickness of the record (and scrapbook) is pretty much where I’m stumped when it comes to finding proper sleeves.

I’ve looked at those as well but the thickness of the record (and scrapbook) is pretty much where I’m stumped when it comes to finding proper sleeves.
I guess I misunderstood. Is the scrap book part of the 1/2" Or is that an additional 1/4"? These say they hold box sets up to 1" so maybe that's a better option?

I guess I misunderstood. Is the scrap book part of the 1/2" Or is that an additional 1/4"? These say they hold box sets up to 1" so maybe that's a better option?

They are separate and i'd prefer to have them in separate sleeves. The one with the records are 0.5 inches, the scrapbook is 0.25 inches.

I know this has been asked before, but two questions

Anyone have any recommendations for good boxset sleeves? Obviously boxsets come in a lot of sizes, but wanted to see what people were using/recommendations?

I think i may start using resealable outer sleeves for certain records, any recommendations? Thanks everyone!

Anyone have any recommendations for good boxset sleeves? Obviously boxsets come in a lot of sizes, but wanted to see what people were using/recommendations?

I think i may start using resealable outer sleeves for certain records, any recommendations? Thanks everyone!
I use the bag that they put orders of 100 outer sleeves in, lol.

I use these for box sets, I'd say they fit maybe 60% of the time. They are also doing a 10% off sale for July 4

When Sleevecity used to give out "free samples" with purchases i'd get one of the Ultimate Outer Boxed Set sleeves that @tvham mentioned above and they work very well. Rock solid option especially if you're already making a decent sized order there.

I live near San Luis Obispo, California which is where all the Square Deal Recordings and Sleeves stuff is made so a local store has these for only $6 /25 pack
Amazon product ASIN B001719NXQ
idk if they're quite worth Amazon's asking price but they might be cheaper elsewhere online?

The durability and quality seem solid (I just got my first pack of these a couple days ago) but I will say they are not 'crystal clear' and more along the lines of these if you've seen them around.
Amazon product ASIN B000RA7IZS

My favorite oversized sleeves though by far are the ridiculously overpriced SleevieWonder line...

They're top quality and crystal clear.. I bought the pack with all different sizes along with a second pack not too long ago.. They have sleeves for nearly every kind of oversized album/box set you could ask but they are def. overpriced so I don't blame anyone skipping these. You do get a free magnet though ;)

I forget what thread we were talking about the quality of Hudson Hi-Fi Inner Sleeves on Prime day. I was worried about the quality because I didn't like the current Gotta Groove ones I was using and I was about to re-order my usualy Sleeve City Audiphile sleeves. I finally got around to opening and using one and they are miles better than the Gotta Groove. Even sitting the empty sleeves next to each other you can see the manufacturing is so much better on the Hudson Hi-Fi. As expected, they aren't quite as sturdy as the Sleeve City ones but they are not nearly as flimsy as Gotta Groove and they are the correct size so they don't bunch up when you put them in the jacket. Definitely don't regret picking them up for a fraction of the price of SC.

Amazon product ASIN B07FWCHLKD

Back