Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Hmmm these VSS folks seem to have UK distribution rebranded as mint. That could save a pretty package v SC 🤔

Yes and they make at least two sizes so you can put the tone poets and stuff in the larger ones. You do not have to buy pocket or flappy ones. I do keep flappy gatefold vss outers around for using their modular (forget the exact name) sleeve to create trifold sleeves.

The multifunctional sleeve they call it. Was just watching a video on them lol.

Quick question seeing as you have them and pics aren’t always there for all the sleeves!

With the gatefold ones are they open at the end so you access the gatefold as normal? Or do they have a second pocket somewhere to store the records?

Quick question seeing as you have them and pics aren’t always there for all the sleeves!

With the gatefold ones are they open at the end so you access the gatefold as normal? Or do they have a second pocket somewhere to store the records?
No pockets, you can buy with or without flaps. They open on both ends either way

No pockets, you can buy with or without flaps

Probably worth having both. With a 1 disc gatefold can seal the non record side and leave the record side tucked in and open and with a 2 record one the no flaps leaves both ends open.

Another question on the gatefold ones. Sorry. With the no closed flaps one how does it hold on the jacket. Like does the jacket want to slide out when you handle it because there is nothing holding it in?

Probably worth having both. With a 1 disc gatefold can seal the non record side and leave the record side tucked in and open and with a 2 record one the no flaps leaves both ends open.

Another question on the gatefold ones. Sorry. With the no closed flaps one how does it hold on the jacket. Like does the jacket want to slide out when you handle it because there is nothing holding it in?
Have not experienced that, even with the cheaper gf sleeves. One annoying thing gf sleeves will make you notice is that jackets are not standardized in any shape manner or form. There is variance even from Stoughten.

I think it’s $50US for free shipping from Canada. Very easy to hit that threshold. That’s like 10 of your gatefold jackets 😂
That’s like 2.5 packs of ten or something. I don’t know. I go through a lot of sleeves.

Back