Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

I forget what thread we were talking about the quality of Hudson Hi-Fi Inner Sleeves on Prime day. I was worried about the quality because I didn't like the current Gotta Groove ones I was using and I was about to re-order my usualy Sleeve City Audiphile sleeves. I finally got around to opening and using one and they are miles better than the Gotta Groove. Even sitting the empty sleeves next to each other you can see the manufacturing is so much better on the Hudson Hi-Fi. As expected, they aren't quite as sturdy as the Sleeve City ones but they are not nearly as flimsy as Gotta Groove and they are the correct size so they don't bunch up when you put them in the jacket. Definitely don't regret picking them up for a fraction of the price of SC.

Amazon product ASIN B07FWCHLKD
i wouldn't lie to you :)

i'm on my third or fourth 500 pack of these haha. OOPS.

i wouldn't lie to you :)

i'm on my third or fourth 500 pack of these haha. OOPS.
I was trying to use up my last Gotta Grooves before I went on to these. But I liked them so much I went back and replaced the Gotta Grooves I used on my last 10 records or so with these.

I was trying to use up my last Gotta Grooves before I went on to these. But I liked them so much I went back and replaced the Gotta Grooves I used on my last 10 records or so with these.
they are great at the regular price. at the prime day price (and some other previous deals) they are an absolute steal.

I bought the hudson hifi back when no one else had sleeves and while I was not impressed next to the sleeve city ones they are perfectly serviceable and really great for the price point.

I forget what thread we were talking about the quality of Hudson Hi-Fi Inner Sleeves on Prime day. I was worried about the quality because I didn't like the current Gotta Groove ones I was using and I was about to re-order my usualy Sleeve City Audiphile sleeves. I finally got around to opening and using one and they are miles better than the Gotta Groove. Even sitting the empty sleeves next to each other you can see the manufacturing is so much better on the Hudson Hi-Fi. As expected, they aren't quite as sturdy as the Sleeve City ones but they are not nearly as flimsy as Gotta Groove and they are the correct size so they don't bunch up when you put them in the jacket. Definitely don't regret picking them up for a fraction of the price of SC.

Glad to hear you're happy with them. I certainly am. :D

Got a 100 pack a month ago. They seem to be as good as the Sleeve City pack that preceded them. 👍

I picked up the Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs boxed set a few weeks ago which is (annoyingly) all 10" records. Does anyone know where I can get decent MoFi-style 10" record sleeves without buying a pack of 50? The only alternative to that I've seen is getting samples from Sleeve City but you can only get 5 at a time (I need 6) and by the time you calculate shipping it's basically the same cost as a pack of 50...

Is this for outer or inner sleeves? Only asking because I'm running low on Sleeve City Ultimate 2.5 outers and I've never really looked at VSS.

They do both but I think people like their outers because they seal the jacket away and have a separate pocket for storing the record and taking it in/out easily without going near the jacket.

I don’t think there is a consensus on standard outers. I love vss but would say sleeve city’s outers are the best being marketed. VSS are not cloudy like a standard outer but not crystal clear like the ultimate sc. I fucking hate flaps and pockets and shit though. Gatefold sleeves are the best thing ever though and vss makes the best.

And if you are using mofi sleeves, just switch to Hudson hifi. It’s the same product for a lot cheaper. Both VSS and SC make the best inners (the 3 mil does 100% compare to SC’s top of the line), but $$$

And if you are using mofi sleeves, just switch to Hudson hifi. It’s the same product for a lot cheaper. Both VSS and SC make the best inners (the 3 mil does 100% compare to SC’s top of the line), but $$$
I’ll check out the Hudson hi-fi inners.

Looks like SC outer 5.0 are backordered. Maybe I’ll give the VSS a shot. Not sure I need the pockets and flaps since nothing else in my collection has those.

The gatefold are awesome?

I’ll check out the Hudson hi-fi inners.

Looks like SC outer 5.0 are backordered. Maybe I’ll give the VSS a shot. Not sure I need the pockets and flaps since nothing else in my collection has those.

The gatefold are awesome?
Yes and they make at least two sizes so you can put the tone poets and stuff in the larger ones. You do not have to buy pocket or flappy ones. I do keep flappy gatefold vss outers around for using their modular (forget the exact name) sleeve to create trifold sleeves.

I wouldn't even say Hudson HiFi is the same product. IMO, they're much sturdier and fit better in the sleeve than MOFI. Not as sturdy and SC but it's a worthy substitute.

Back