Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Pro tip on Vinyl Storage Solutions...I was getting ready to place an order last night, even got as far as entering my email and shipping address...but ran out of steam due to analysis paralysis, and told myself I would finish it off in the morning. Well, lo and behold, I woke up this morning with a 15% off coupon waiting in my inbox. it was a unique one-time code, but I'm guessing you could secure your own with a similar approach.

10% OFF at Sleeve City:

Vinyl/Record Sleeve SALE
SAVE 10%Off!
Thank you for all of your support over the years and we want to continue our tradition of our Super Black Friday Sale and take an amazing 10% OFF select Sleeve City products. This is our biggest sale of the year and we encourage you to stock up and save 10% off all Sleeve City products *except recordable media, turntables, and Gruv-Glide from November 4th thru November 10th by entering the coupon code: NOVASALE at checkout. Remember that this is code is only valid for a limited time, so don't hesitate to stock up on your favorite sleeves, jewel cases, mailers, and other packaging today!

I'm in need of a good 30+ smaller boxset sleeves (.75"-1.25" thick). Anyone know a good solid clear no flap sleeve? I'm trying to steer away from sleevecity. I was thinking about switching to VSS after reading through a bit of this thread on my next big reup for regular outers but there boxset sleeves are pretty pricey for 30 as it would be a good $80+ even with the 15% off.

I'm in need of a good 30+ smaller boxset sleeves (.75"-1.25" thick). Anyone know a good solid clear no flap sleeve? I'm trying to steer away from sleevecity. I was thinking about switching to VSS after reading through a bit of this thread on my next big reup for regular outers but there boxset sleeves are pretty pricey for 30 as it would be a good $80+ even with the 15% off.
No idea about the quality of these, but the size and price look right:

(25) 12" Double Oversize Record Outer Sleeves - Fits Most Box Sets up to 1.25" - Archival Quality Virgin Heavy Duty 3mil Thick Polyethylene

Some reviews on Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B001712PZE

Last edited:

I've almost bought those a few times but I know there's a few reviews on Amazon and I also seen a person mention on either here or the SteveHoffman forum about them getting really tight right before the 1" mark at best and don't really fit anything past that which is what the majority of what I need sleeves for are. I'd love to hear someone that has actually used them though as that's def. a very attractive price. These and the SleevieWonder sleeves are the ones I always find when looking around but the SleevieWonder ones would be a good $60+ for just 30 sleeves. I was hoping for something somewhere in the middle of the two extremes 😬

So Flightless Records package their releases in paper outer sleeves and it's got me wondering about more environmentally responsible sleeves in general. Since they don't offer them for generic sale in bulk, does anyone know another source for paper outer sleeves?
I dislike paper inners as much as everyone else, but surely there is an at least biodegradable alternative to polycarbonate too?

So Flightless Records package their releases in paper outer sleeves and it's got me wondering about more environmentally responsible sleeves in general. Since they don't offer them for generic sale in bulk, does anyone know another source for paper outer sleeves?
I dislike paper inners as much as everyone else, but surely there is an at least biodegradable alternative to polycarbonate too?
I mean, not for nothing, but how would you find your records if they were all in paper bags?

I mean, not for nothing, but how would you find your records if they were all in paper bags?
Haha, at the moment I don't have enough Flightless albums that I don't know what they are by how loosely they are scattered through the shelves. But what I have also done is cut a little section out of the edge over the title of the album on the spine which works well.

Hi, any recommendations on how to handle buying sleeves for tri fold jackets?
I just use larger sleeves for those. But if you wanna get fancy I think vinyl storage solutions makes some trifold sleeves:

Believe the idea is you take some sleeves with resealable flaps and stick them together along with a center panel sleeve

I just use larger sleeves for those. But if you wanna get fancy I think vinyl storage solutions makes some trifold sleeves:

Believe the idea is you take some sleeves with resealable flaps and stick them together along with a center panel sleeve

That’s my understanding as well. A tribute to @Snicpharmacist ’s packaging of titles that he’s sold. The sleeves the records were in inspired me to up my sleeve game.

That’s my understanding as well. A tribute to @Snicpharmacist ’s packaging of titles that he’s sold. The sleeves the records were in inspired me to up my sleeve game.
I wanted to do the VSS gatefolds like that but it’s like $2 per album or something crazy and I have way too many records to do that too 😂

I know many would think this would make no sense but i did make a replacement LP jacket which also has the same anti static poly coating i do on the inner sleeve.
The idea is if needed you can use the jacket to store a record without inner sleeve.
Maybe someone has gathered a lot of records which are not of that great quality and their jackets are in bad condition and also needs new inner sleeve.
In such a scenario possible that it will save some money and the jacket can always be used to keep a record with an inner sleeve.
IMG-20230220-WA0028.jpgIMG-20230220-WA0029.jpgIMG-20230220-WA0030.jpg

Yeah, he sells a multi use sleeve which has flaps to connect to other sleeves. I’ll be ordering some in my next order and will report back.

Back