Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

Cross post from fresh grabs:
My first vinyl storage solution order, hand forced by Coletrane Tone Poet:
View attachment 152767

View attachment 152766
View attachment 152769
View attachment 152768
View attachment 152770
Works great on that and those nice impulse gates. I will be ordering from gas in the future.

In addition to the big gatefold sleeves, I ordered some 7” rice paper inners and outers.

I may stick with the Colemine inners cause they are cheap and give me an excuse to order a record for free shipping. But I like these and will probably use them for the rest of my sleeve needs moving forward.

View attachment 152767

View attachment 152766
View attachment 152769
View attachment 152768
View attachment 152770
Works great on that and those nice impulse gates. I will be ordering from gas in the future.

In addition to the big gatefold sleeves, I ordered some 7” rice paper inners and outers.

I may stick with the Colemine inners cause they are cheap and give me an excuse to order a record for free shipping. But I like these and will probably use them for the rest of my sleeve needs moving forward.
I have those too (if they’re the ones with the tuckable flaps). The only things I don’t like is that the flaps come out sometimes on the gatefolds, and they’re a little big for standard sized records. Personally I like Sleeve City‘s Ultimate outers better, but I do like that you can store the LPs outside the jacket….I’ll probably use both. 🤷‍♂️

I have those too (if they’re the ones with the tuckable flaps). The only things I don’t like is that the flaps come out sometimes on the gatefolds, and they’re a little big for standard sized records. Personally I like Sleeve City‘s Ultimate outers better, but I do like that you can store the LPs outside the jacket….I’ll probably use both. 🤷‍♂️
You can order a smaller version for standard gatefolds. (Yes these have the tickable flaps.)

View attachment 152767

View attachment 152766
View attachment 152769
View attachment 152768
View attachment 152770

Yeah, that Blue Trane was slightly larger than all the other Tone Poets. My normal 2.5mil Sleeve City outers couldnt fit it, though no issues with any other TPs.

Yeah, that Blue Trane was slightly larger than all the other Tone Poets. My normal 2.5mil Sleeve City outers couldnt fit it, though no issues with any other TPs.
I got you. The acoustic sounds impulse have been shredding my outers. Tone poets not so much. I’d been thinking about these for a while, the blue train not working at all pushed me over the edge.

View attachment 152767

View attachment 152766
View attachment 152769
View attachment 152768
View attachment 152770

I like them as well. Don’t have the tuckahoe flap ones. But got a few different sizes and they are clear and pretty strong/durable it seems. Quick shipping and always seem to have stock. Free shipping overs a certain amount is great too. I’ll stick with them I think and then Hudson HiFi inners since they were cheap. I’ll look into the Colemine inners too though if I run out of Hudson ones. Always like supporting Colemine/Plaidroom

I like them as well. Don’t have the tuckahoe flap ones. But got a few different sizes and they are clear and pretty strong/durable it seems. Quick shipping and always seem to have stock. Free shipping overs a certain amount is great too. I’ll stick with them I think and then Hudson HiFi inners since they were cheap. I’ll look into the Colemine inners too though if I run out of Hudson ones. Always like supporting Colemine/Plaidroom
They’re basically the same product as the Hifi/mofi/whatever other product you have seen like that. They are EXACTLY the same as the groove inners Colemine used to use before they got their own branded ones.

Having used up all 20 of the vss big gatefold outers I bought, I will be buying more. I will also check out the standard size ones. I like them a lot.

Having used up all 20 of the vss big gatefold outers I bought, I will be buying more. I will also check out the standard size ones. I like them a lot.
If you're talking about the 13" sleeves (SP4-13CPP), what are you using them on? They seem a bit too wide for the gatefolds I've tried them on.

If you're talking about the 13" sleeves (SP4-13CPP), what are you using them on? They seem a bit too wide for the gatefolds I've tried them on.
The 4mil in 12.75 for tone poets and the acoustic sound series.

Ah, got it. The ones I'm talking about are just a 13" single sleeve.

I'm happy to report that the new VSS - 12.75" dual pocket outer sleeve fits my MoFi gatefolds like a glove. They're tight, but they don't crush the fold; they're absolutely perfect. Weird being excited about a plastic bag, but I've been waiting on this size for a very long time.

I'm happy to report that the new VSS - 12.75" dual pocket outer sleeve fits my MoFi gatefolds like a glove. They're tight, but they don't crush the fold; they're absolutely perfect. Weird being excited about a plastic bag, but I've been waiting on this size for a very long time.
@notjhill --this should help!

Thank you! Should probably wait for the next sale, but going to order some now!
prices are in CAD I think, so I've just tried to hit the minimum free shipping amount when I have ordered in the past. i think they offer a discount for ordering multiples of the same product too. i've missed out on the sales but have felt the prices have been reasonable even without the sale.

Back