Record Sleeve Recommendation Thread

prices are in CAD I think, so I've just tried to hit the minimum free shipping amount when I have ordered in the past. i think they offer a discount for ordering multiples of the same product too. i've missed out on the sales but have felt the prices have been reasonable even without the sale.
Welp, just spent more than what I wanted to but I did qualify for an 8% discount and free shipping. I'm excited, thanks again!

@notjhill --this should help!

Thank you! Should probably wait for the next sale, but going to order some now!

does anyone else do this? It looks super functional

After having lived with the gatefold sleeves for a minute…. I FUCKING LOVE THEM. After the holidays I plan on starting the process of putting ALL my gatefolds in gatefold sleeves not just the MoFi, TP, and AS. It will take a while and be a little pricey.

This is my favorite upgrade I’ve done besides switching to a grado. I enjoy the gatefolds in those sleeves much more than I did in the past. The flaps (no sticky - I hate sticky flaps) are also useful for pulling out liner notes and printed sleeves, etc.

I'm thinking of it but like MikeH says, it seems like an expensive upgrade to change all my gatefolds when my current sleeves are working fine. It does look look really nice tho

I'm thinking of it but like MikeH says, it seems like an expensive upgrade to change all my gatefolds when my current sleeves are working fine. It does look look really nice tho
I mean, yes and no, except for the sleeves that were shredded forcing tp and as into them, the sleeves will all go on other records. I’ll purchase lots of these and buy less regular during the swap.

I mean, yes and no, except for the sleeves that were shredded forcing tp and as into them, the sleeves will all go on other records. I’ll purchase lots of these and buy less regular during the swap.
For me, I have about 2,000 records. Maybe a third are gatefolds…maybe more. I’d consider resleeving only my higher end gatefolds but then I know one thing will lead to another and I’ll end up spending way too much money on sleeves only. Would rather spend that on records 🤑

For me, I have about 2,000 records. Maybe a third are gatefolds…maybe more. I’d consider resleeving only my higher end gatefolds but then I know one thing will lead to another and I’ll end up spending way too much money on sleeves only. Would rather spend that on records 🤑
I mean I’m a buy sleeves one way or another….

I mean I’m a buy sleeves one way or another….
True. But I’d have to buy 800+ new sleeves for the gatefolds and don’t see myself adding that many new LPs (mostly due to physical space limitations haha). Had this been something when I first started sleeving everything definitely would have been the route I would have taken!

True. But I’d have to buy 800+ new sleeves for the gatefolds and don’t see myself adding that many new LPs (mostly due to physical space limitations haha). Had this been something when I first started sleeving everything definitely would have been the route I would have taken!
I mean i have room for another 5 x 5 and spousal approval for when it becomes necessary. I will probably hit 3500 before I have to make some hard choices.... currently around 2160 (box sets make things janky). Now if I could just come up with a solution for the CDs that my wife is okay with...

I was planning on following this guide, seems a bit excessive to have to use paper though.

YES!!! I get it, having done it without the paper, I can 1000% see how this is helpful. Without the paper I have had a couple that made me CUSS A BUNCH!

*glares at Randy Travis*

Last edited:
I can't quite decide what to do when it comes to outer sleeves. I've always used Sleeve City 2.5 but they're quite pricey to get now and any order with more than 5 packs and the shipping costs doubles to $120+. MoFi i've considered but they might be hit or miss with gatefolds. VSS is also intriguing but i'm so confused because there's so many options to choose from and they would also be on the pricey side.

I can't quite decide what to do when it comes to outer sleeves. I've always used Sleeve City 2.5 but they're quite pricey to get now and any order with more than 5 packs and the shipping costs doubles to $120+. MoFi i've considered but they might be hit or miss with gatefolds. VSS is also intriguing but i'm so confused because there's so many options to choose from and they would also be on the pricey side.
The VSS indicate which versions are good for what kinds of albums/sleeves. Let us know if you need help deciphering--it is a bit confusing at first. Their prices are in CAD but not sure the conversion rate for you!

The VSS indicate which versions are good for what kinds of albums/sleeves. Let us know if you need help deciphering--it is a bit confusing at first. Their prices are in CAD but not sure the conversion rate for you!
I don't store the record outside the sleeve so some sleeves are excluded since they're designed to do that, i think.

They advise EU buyers to use their UK distributor as it would be cheaper overall.

I don't store the record outside the sleeve so some sleeves are excluded since they're designed to do that, i think.

They advise EU buyers to use their UK distributor as it would be cheaper overall.

I store the record outside of the sleeve but use their regular single pocket sleeves.

Doesn’t seem like they have the new size on that site yet. VSS made a size specifically to fit larger gatefolds like the Tone Poets and ASxVerve series. They are real nice. I’ve switched from SC to VSS. Easier and cheaper for us in the US to get them though.

I store the record outside of the sleeve but use their regular single pocket sleeves.

Doesn’t seem like they have the new size on that site yet. VSS made a size specifically to fit larger gatefolds like the Tone Poets and ASxVerve series. They are real nice. I’ve switched from SC to VSS. Easier and cheaper for us in the US to get them though.
Yeah, it looks like they don’t have quite as many options there yet which just makes it even more annoying to figure out what to do haha

I’ve been rationing my last pack of SC 2.5 for the past two years now and at least 60 records in need of a sleeve so I need to figure something out soon.

Back