Record cleaning - what's your method?

It’s as big of an upgrade as better gear.
I agree. I did not feel that way cleaning my records with the Spin Clean, but as soon as I ran my first disc through an ultrasonic I immediately understood that really cleaning the discs is a game-changer. The Degritter costs nearly as much as my amplifier, but it actually brings that value to the table, imo. Every album I've run through it so far has improved noticeably. It's exactly the sort of level-up you hope for with any significant system upgrade. Totally worth it.

Why does Chisto not need to soak but TTVJ did? It still feels weird not to let soak but I definitely appreciate the time saver. I am just curious as to the difference in how they work.

Why does Chisto not need to soak but TTVJ did? It still feels weird not to let soak but I definitely appreciate the time saver. I am just curious as to the difference in how they work.
TTVJ has a "mystery" enzyme in it that is meant to break down whatever, this, depending on how bad the album is, can benefit from a little soaking. I still let the Chisto sit a little on albums that are really dirty, crate stuff. New LPs have been fine with a scrub, 30-60 seconds and a vacuum.

Back