Record cleaning - what's your method?

It’s a concentrate that’s meant to be used with a vacuum machine. It’s made in Ukraine. No idea what’s in it, except that it has no alcohol or fragrance. It’s also the best solution I’ve ever used by a significant margin. Even records I’ve cleaned with other solutions are quieter and sound better with Chisto. One bottle makes one gallon of solution.

It’s normally $49 per bottle. See the link and you can get 2 bottles for $25 with free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Ordered.

Put it under my sink so my record can stand at an even gallon.
My other reasoning is that my TTVJ is occupying the nice gallon jug I bought because my kids kept stepping on and crushing my TTVJ when I stores it in regular gallons. (It was wrapped in a towel in the crawl space)

I just checked! I think today is the day I take that step for cleaner records. 😁
What did you buy if you don't mind me asking? And where? And did you find a sale price somewhere? 😂 I'm thinking I want to pull the trigger, and looking at that same unit a lot of people have grabbed here recently, but no deals in the states. Wandering if a holiday sale around soon.

What did you buy if you don't mind me asking? And where? And did you find a sale price somewhere? 😂 I'm thinking I want to pull the trigger, and looking at that same unit a lot of people have grabbed here recently, but no deals in the states. Wandering if a holiday sale around soon.

I'd imagine there will be some sales soon but I'd also check your local craigslist/facebook marketplace because of where you live.

Cool, thanks!
I hunted for awhile waiting for sales and whatnot a couple years ago without a lot of luck (I got the Okki, not the VPI like the cool kids). Ultimately I think I just got the standard 15% off from a code or calling Music Direct (I can’t recall which) and put it on my cash back card for the extra 2% on that. Oh, and it came with a free plexi dust cover.

I hunted for awhile waiting for sales and whatnot a couple years ago without a lot of luck (I got the Okki, not the VPI like the cool kids). Ultimately I think I just got the standard 15% off from a code or calling Music Direct (I can’t recall which) and put it on my cash back card for the extra 2% on that. Oh, and it came with a free plexi dust cover.
Nice. I'll keep my eye open for a couple more weeks. Figured I should at least wait for black friday.

Nice. I'll keep my eye open for a couple more weeks. Figured I should at least wait for black friday.
If you’re seriously considering it, you might hop on ordering that Chisto while it’s still a two-fer. I think @HiFi Guy said that special ends this month - it’s a solid deal. I think I paid double for half as much Todd’s and those small concentrate boxes aren’t exactly going to be in the way.

If you’re seriously considering it, you might hop on ordering that Chisto while it’s still a two-fer. I think @HiFi Guy said that special ends this month - it’s a solid deal. I think I paid double for half as much Todd’s and those small concentrate boxes aren’t exactly going to be in the way.
So...yeah....might've already done that :ROFLMAO: . I have problems. Exactly as you said, figured it would be worth it if I grab one. And you all are saying how great that stuff is.

I hope these businesses appreciate the weird wave of cash that wash over them when these forums get cooking on a product/album/whatever.
I wonder if they ever figure out why. I know a couple of the ROTM's have found out and been flabbergasted. Well, maybe that's a bit much of a word for it. Just wanted to say it.

I wonder if they ever figure out why. I know a couple of the ROTM's have found out and been flabbergasted. Well, maybe that's a bit much of a word for it. Just wanted to say it.
I used to joke at the old place that I wondered exactly what the buying power of the forum was. I still kinda wonder.

I went with the VPI. It was a birthday treat to myself and I’ve been wanting to bite the bullet for a while now. I thought about waiting for BF sales but I didn’t.

Back