Record cleaning - what's your method?

Took me until just this second (and reading the box) to realize the Chisto concentrate comes in a spray bottle so you can make a gallon and then put the actual mix back into the spray bottle to use as you need it.
Have you tried it yet?

Took me until just this second (and reading the box) to realize the Chisto concentrate comes in a spray bottle so you can make a gallon and then put the actual mix back into the spray bottle to use as you need it.
That's what I do.

With the Chisto...how wet do you make the record? With the TTVJ I would get a pretty good layer on there so I could let it soak. I didn't know if the Chisto needed the same. (I ask because I tried the spray bottle thing but it didn't make it very wet.)

With the Chisto...how wet do you make the record? With the TTVJ I would get a pretty good layer on there so I could let it soak. I didn't know if the Chisto needed the same. (I ask because I tried the spray bottle thing but it didn't make it very wet.)
I never liked the spray bottles, I use a goose neck bottle and drop a stream going towards the spindle that only goes half way round the LP, if that makes sense.

Still basically the same process with the Chisto......

Some use more, some less.

I do mine a bit differently.

I use a bit more fluid applied to a stationary record in a straight line. Then I put the brush in the fluid and start the platter. This way, the brush never touches a dry groove.
This is what I do too - and I squirt a little directly on the brush before I get started to wet it a little.

Back