Record cleaning - what's your method?

Once cleaned, the discoloration doesn't return. To be more specific, it's not really so much a color as it is a sheen, which leads me to believe that it is something associated with the stamping process. It's rare but noticeable and it doesn't appear to be anything associated with mishandling like finger prints or palm smudges.

To apply I just run a few spins on my RCM and apply a liberal amount of the TTVJ using my regular cleaning brush. When the album is coated thoroughly, I turn the machine off and let it sit for 5 mins, then vacuum, rinse, vacuum and done.

So if you didn't use the TTVJ there would be a permanent mark?

@HiFi Guy have you experienced this?

So if you didn't use the TTVJ there would be a permanent mark?

@HiFi Guy have you experienced this?
As HiFi Guy said, no it wouldn't. I could probably search and find a comparable cleaning solution that would soak the mark out just as well or better. It's just that I have the TTVJ at hand and it works well for that particular situation. The Chisto Easy Groove Concentrate that I use is my one solution everyday driver. The TTVJ strength, (at least in my set up and method), is better for soaking that discoloration out. I'll finish my explanation with a big YMMV. I'm not endorsing anything as THE only way. It works for me.

As I said before, it was only a few new albums. Regardless, soaking is legitimate cleaning technique that may or may not fit your regime. I'm starting to regret ever mentioning it.

As I said before, it was only a few new albums. Regardless, soaking is legitimate cleaning technique that may or may not fit your regime. I'm starting to regret ever mentioning it.
If there’s something weird about it, we’d want to know. It’s not like there’s much info out there. Possible cross contamination from another solution on your pad or applicator maybe?

Does anyone else have trouble with gallons of distilled water springing leaks when storing record cleaning fluid in it? It seems it always comes in the most flimsy cheap plastic. My Chisto galleon just spring a leak and I've had 2 TTVJ gallond spring a leak before. I had to dump out 1/2 gallon of TTVJ to free up my hard plastic jug to save the Chisto.

Does anyone else have trouble with gallons of distilled water springing leaks when storing record cleaning fluid in it? It seems it always comes in the most flimsy cheap plastic. My Chisto galleon just spring a leak and I've had 2 TTVJ gallond spring a leak before. I had to dump out 1/2 gallon of TTVJ to free up my hard plastic jug to save the Chisto.
That’s a new one. I just went and checked my partial gallon of Chisto. Dry as a bone.

How are you liking Chisto so far?

That’s a new one. I just went and checked my partial gallon of Chisto. Dry as a bone.

How are you liking Chisto so far?
It could just be dumb luck. I just buy the store brand distilled water so maybe their containers are just bad.

I actually haven't bought too many new records lately so I don't have a big sample size but but so far it's worked great! I'll be interested to see how my stylus holds up over time. With previous cleaners I would sometimes get build up that I suspect was fluid drying on the record (I made a thread about it in the past). I have a new Blue3 stylus on the way so I'll be starting with a new stylus to see.

It could just be dumb luck. I just buy the store brand distilled water so maybe their containers are just bad.

I actually haven't bought too many new records lately so I don't have a big sample size but but so far it's worked great! I'll be interested to see how my stylus holds up over time. With previous cleaners I would sometimes get build up that I suspect was fluid drying on the record (I made a thread about it in the past). I have a new Blue3 stylus on the way so I'll be starting with a new stylus to see.
No gunk on my stylus at all. My fingers are crossed for you.

Never had a problem ;)
Amazon product ASIN B07CBMSJZ9

It’s finally priced right. I’m good with my VPI and Chisto though.
I won’t back another KS. Every time I do, it takes tooo long. When that dog did a KS for their new album, that took just over 2 years. My wife and I backed a food saver device that was supposed to come out last year. Product got delayed until the 1st quarter of this year and then COVID.

Considering that my VPI order is delayed, maybe it’s just me....😁

Back