Record cleaning - what's your method?

Cool. I usually use the gallon milk jugs the distilled water comes in for the big batch and a condiment squeezy bottle for the stuff that’s in use on the console.
That’s what I do too. I pour some water out and mix the concentrate in the gallon jug.

So I mixed up my first batch of the Chisto solution, then went and grabbed one of my favorite albums which is a difficult listen at times because of noise. Now, this is by no means an audiophile pressing (I would love for MoFi or AS to reissue this), but I like Adele's voice and song writing so it's hard to not toss it on now and then.

Well, I'll be damned if it's not dead quiet now..........truly shocked.
WhatsSpinning.jpg

So I mixed up my first batch of the Chisto solution, then went and grabbed one of my favorite albums which is a difficult listen at times because of noise. Now, this is by no means an audiophile pressing (I would love for MoFi or AS to reissue this), but I like Adele's voice and song writing so it's hard to not toss it on now and then.

View attachment 74361
Just curious, what had you cleaned it with before the Chisto?

Just curious, what had you cleaned it with before the Chisto?
I've been using TTVJ for years, no complaints, it does a great job. Some notes though, the Chisto seems to dry better on the surface, the albums themselves look a bit "cleaner" (Shinny). We'll be using this for a while, so I'll be curios to see how some other albums fare. This LP was my "worst case scenario", that I've always thought was a question of cleaning, something that would benefit maybe from an ultrasonic cleaning to get whatever the issue was, but this seems to do the trick...........I'm sure there's some Black Magic involved, or we'll all grow a 3rd eye in a few months ;)

I routinely have the gunk build up in my bottle I use to distribute the ttvj solution. Does everyone think I should get a new bottle for the chisto or is it probably fine?

View attachment 74361
Dude. I’ve been telling you....😎

Back