Record cleaning - what's your method?

I dont have a method.. never done it (Im new)

But everyone gives different recommendations so its scary to pick a cleaning method.

I've tried a few different methods: brushing right before playing, the cheap kit from the big-box store, Spin Clean, and most recently, Squeaky Clean. I've never had any of them make it worse than when I started.
Even the folks that did report things getting worse in the old place were able to fix it. The only method I've heard of that can cause permanent damage is wood glue—don't do that.
Don't be afraid to pick one. People have had good results with every method mentioned here, and most methods have minimal risk.

I dont have a method.. never done it (Im new)

But everyone gives different recommendations so its scary to pick a cleaning method.

I've tried a few different methods: brushing right before playing, the cheap kit from the big-box store, Spin Clean, and most recently, Squeaky Clean. I've never had any of them make it worse than when I started.
Even the folks that did report things getting worse in the old place were able to fix it. The only method I've heard of that can cause permanent damage is wood glue—don't do that.
Don't be afraid to pick one. People have had good results with every method mentioned here, and most methods have minimal risk.

👆 this 100%

The debates about cleaning are insane. Although I went the Squeaky Clean route, reading and research was enough to make me feel immobile, too. So I get you, @Believer101 .

IMO, the #1 rule is to just handle your damn records properly! I've adopted a bunch of my dad's records, and all he ever used was D4 fluid and a Discwasher brush. They sound and look fantastic because he handled with care.

👆 this 100%

The debates about cleaning are insane. Although I went the Squeaky Clean route, reading and research was enough to make me feel immobile, too. So I get you, @Believer101 .

IMO, the #1 rule is to just handle your damn records properly! I've adopted a bunch of my dad's records, and all he ever used was D4 fluid and a Discwasher brush. They sound and look fantastic because he handled with care.

I cant see any real "dirt" or crap on my records.

Its mostly little pieces of paper atm which I just put up with.
But yeah getting one of these cleaners is fast approaching for me. Cant push it back much longer :(

Back