Record cleaning - what's your method?

I know this was mentioned in old forum...but any recommendations on a drying rack and towels from a spin clean

I know this was mentioned in old forum...but any recommendations on a drying rack and towels from a spin clean
Honestly, I found the Spin Clean towels to work best, just pick up another set, keep rotating them and cleaning them. Don't let them get overly saturated while you use them.

I picked up this rack at one of the Hobby/Craft chains (Hobby Lobby, Micheals) for $5.00, works really well :)
20171217_194328.jpg

Here's what I've been using:

A little pricier I suppose, but folds away nicely and holds 15 at a time.

Changed the head of my paint edger today and this is the dirt accumulated after about six months! About 70% of the records cleaned were bought new :oops:

3BF99890-453E-45F9-A160-ECA0704131E3.jpeg

At the risk of repeating myself (here or somewhere), the dirtiest records are the new ones (obviously disregarding total dirt jobs from thrift stores). A pre loved record has at least had a needle drug through it a few times and probably wiped occasionally. The manufacturing process is not a clean one by any stretch.

At the risk of repeating myself (here or somewhere), the dirtiest records are the new ones (obviously disregarding total dirt jobs from thrift stores). A pre loved record has at least had a needle drug through it a few times and probably wiped occasionally. The manufacturing process is not a clean one by any stretch.

Yeah I don't think that's particularly new information, it's just amazing to see the actual result. I just can't believe that there are still so many labels using Rainbo and United.

So question. Is the best method to clean a side, let dry and then clean the other side. Or do people clean both sides then dry? I'm using a Squeaky Clean.

So question. Is the best method to clean a side, let dry and then clean the other side. Or do people clean both sides then dry? I'm using a Squeaky Clean.
I don't know what is best but I clean both sides on the squeaky clean and let dry in a rack. I start with the dirty records in the same rack. Occasionally I'll let one soak while I sleeve up some of the dried ones. They come off the cleaning surface pretty dry to begin with. I find if I leave them in the rack too long they will start collecting ambient dust.

I don't know what is best but I clean both sides on the squeaky clean and let dry in a rack. I start with the dirty records in the same rack. Occasionally I'll let one soak while I sleeve up some of the dried ones. They come off the cleaning surface pretty dry to begin with. I find if I leave them in the rack too long they will start collecting ambient dust.

Thanks!! That's just the information I was wondering about.

VPI 16.5 question. I haven't gotten to use mine much (been away for work) but I'd like to clean both sides before plyaing. I tried this once and noticed that the side on the cork mat had a ton of what looked like paper scraps on it. I'm guessing from shipping. Should I just use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the cork mat or is there some other voodoo I need to do so I can clean both sides of an album?

Back