R.I.P. VMP Forum

No. Fill me in and don’t skip ANY details (big or small)
VMP advertised Doggystyle to be a a gatefold. It wasn't. I think it this was the first fuck up they had that people were really pissed about (could be wrong) they offered refunds to people that sent them back. Int. customers got pissed because shipping costs meant they essentially wouldn't get refunded. Lost quite a few customers. People were really pissed the album was advertised as gatefold even after they recieved and shipped them out. Someone else might be able to add something

Last edited:
No. Fill me in and don’t skip ANY details (big or small)
Supposed to be a gatefold and tip-on, the sticker even said tip-on. VMP decided to also emboss it. They just 100% got the gatefold detail wrong (probably why it wasn't on the sticker) but when they added on embossing, it couldn't be tip-on as well (as the story was told to us). They didn't tell anybody who ordered it and as mentioned the sticker wasn't corrected. For the first time ever they said if you weren't happy you could send it back. It was the first of the major mess ups which continued to grow/happen and why many are dissatisfied and/or former members.

Supposed to be a gatefold and tip-on, the sticker even said tip-on. VMP decided to also emboss it. They just 100% got the gatefold detail wrong (probably why it wasn't on the sticker) but when they added on embossing, it couldn't be tip-on as well (as the story was told to us). They didn't tell anybody who ordered it and as mentioned the sticker wasn't corrected. For the first time ever they said if you weren't happy you could send it back. It was the first of the major mess ups which continued to grow/happen and why many are dissatisfied and/or former members.
Also a breif beef with Vinyl Collective

To go back to the pride discussion for a second. I'm still annoyed by companies using pride aesthetic for PR but I also can't help but appreciating it. It feels great to see support of any kind. I didn't get that support or even a percieved visual of support, as a child so I think it is good for LGBTQ children to know from a young age that they're accepted and have support. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I mean sure a very minor warp is whatever but if it's bad enough to contact someone that's such an asshole response
Well they turned the corporate corner so I'm not surprised. The problem, and I mean no disrespect, is that THEY set the expectation so it's not going to sit well with those who have grown used to what they used to do. And, as @Enoch said, they seem to be targeting a certain buyer and the "Forum" group is probably not the target anymore..............if it ever really was.

Dude, I'm going on vacation on Friday, but I'll be back July 1st, hit me up and I'll flatten it for you on me, just get it to me and I'll cover the shipping back ;)

From VNYL? omg that’s hilarious and sad. I love the detail on what causes warping on the mfg end but then fails to explain, as rightly pointed out by @Enoch, what happens to the stylus and groovewear to the lp. I’m glad I never bothered joining that sub.
I was really close to joining them when I got started collecting

Back