R.I.P. VMP Forum

Well they turned the corporate corner so I'm not surprised. The problem, and I mean no disrespect, is that THEY set the expectation so it's not going to sit well with those who have grown used to what they used to do. And, as @Enoch said, they seem to be targeting a certain buyer and the "Forum" group is probably not the target anymore..............if it ever really was.

Dude, I'm going on vacation on Friday, but I'll be back July 1st, hit me up and I'll flatten it for you on me, just get it to me and I'll cover the shipping back ;)
Yeah but this was VNYL not VMP

I don't think I really miss Vinyl Me, Please as a club. After thinking about it for a while, I don't feel like I'm missing anything from not being subscribed to them.(Since February)

July will be my last month. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed feelings about not renewing. I'll miss the curation, but the community was the main draw, and I'm so glad we managed to port that.

July will be my last month. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have mixed feelings about not renewing. I'll miss the curation, but the community was the main draw, and I'm so glad we managed to port that.
I can understand the curation being a draw. But alot of times I felt their curations we're dubious or half assed. With ham fisted articles to justify why they picked an album that was a real head scratcher.

I don't think I really miss Vinyl Me, Please as a club. After thinking about it for a while, I don't feel like I'm missing anything from not being subscribed to them.(Since February)
When I cancelled, I thought missing out on Outkast & Phoenix would eat at me. But honestly, with some of the horror stories going around as of late, it's actually quite the opposite. I feel like I dodged a bullet, honestly.

First month in years I won't be receiving my VMP ROTMs and it feels good for so many reasons...

To my wallet - You're not off the hook, to celebrate, we're going shopping for vinyl we actually want to own. From now on we're filling holes in the collection rather than making them.

So I purchased...for my first solo three sub ROTMs

Classics - Black Fire LP (Blue Note Tone Poet Series)
Essentials - Thom Yorke, Anima
RHH - Swapped nothing and just purchased Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest, Bill Callahan

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, I kind of expected it would be good, but crikey...it even better than I thought.

It’s his best solo project by a distance, it’s where he finally seems comfortable and confident with the bleepy bloopy music and it feels organic and human rather than like some occasions in the past where I felt that at times it felt forced and a bit too cool and detached.

It’s his best solo project by a distance, it’s where he finally seems comfortable and confident with the bleepy bloopy music and it feels organic and human rather than like some occasions in the past where I felt that at times it felt forced and a bit too cool and detached.

There's a very good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about, but Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was a shocker for mine, I thought it gave me an insight to the full length and breadth of his talent as an artist, but I was also under the influence of the meh... effort of The King Of Limbs a couple of years earlier.

Actually, Anima does prove I have no idea what I'm talking about, particularly in regard to how incredibly talented/resilient he really is.

There's a very good chance I have no idea what I'm talking about, but Tomorrow's Modern Boxes was a shocker for mine, I thought it gave me an insight to the full length and breadth of his talent as an artist, but I was also under the influence of the meh... effort of The King Of Limbs a couple of years earlier.

Actually, Anima does prove I have no idea what I'm talking about, particularly in regard to how incredibly talented/resilient he really is.
The Eraser is an amazing album and hard to top for me so looking forward to the new one.

July is be my last month. Will probably hop back in for Jazz/Blues classics that are not readily available elsehwhere, though I have enough soul/r&b to last a lifetime. Since the forum shut down I really have not paid much attention to the store, just running out the clock to the moment when my July ROTM ship and I can hit cancel. I just wish it was a big red button.

Back