Pre-Order Thread

I grabbed two RTJ for anyone who wants them. I’ve got kids, and they’re really not my thing anyways, so hit me up. (@NewsFedora has dibs)
On a really not even tangentially related note.... we went to see RTJ in Philly when they were supporting Lorde. Neither my husband nor I are into her music, but Mitski was also on the bill, so we picked up excellent side stage seats the day of the show. Loved Mitski, and were all excited for RTJ. Everyone around us was sitting during their set, we were literally the only two people on our feet, clearly enjoying their performance. When they were done, my husband ran over to where they were coming off stage (we had about 7th row off the floor) and exchanged a few words with them, saying how great they were etc.

He came back to our seats where I had stayed, and no less than three groups of late teen / early 20 somethings came over to us and asked "Are you their parents?" :LOL: I will say, my husband is blond and vaguely resembles El-P in a generic sort of way, but it amused me to no end that so many people asked us. We explained that no, we are just music lovers who used to attend lots of live shows pre-covid. I prob should have been insulted that they assumed we were old enough to be his parents, but since neither of us will ever act our ages, I let it slide.

On a really not even tangentially related note.... we went to see RTJ in Philly when they were supporting Lorde. Neither my husband nor I are into her music, but Mitski was also on the bill, so we picked up excellent side stage seats the day of the show. Loved Mitski, and were all excited for RTJ. Everyone around us was sitting during their set, we were literally the only two people on our feet, clearly enjoying their performance. When they were done, my husband ran over to where they were coming off stage (we had about 7th row off the floor) and exchanged a few words with them, saying how great they were etc.

He came back to our seats where I had stayed, and no less than three groups of late teen / early 20 somethings came over to us and asked "Are you their parents?" :LOL: I will say, my husband is blond and vaguely resembles El-P in a generic sort of way, but it amused me to no end that so many people asked us. We explained that no, we are just music lovers who used to attend lots of live shows pre-covid. I prob should have been insulted that they assumed we were old enough to be his parents, but since neither of us will ever act our ages, I let it slide.
How old is your husband? El-P is in his mid 40s. Maybe I am misjudging your age.

I remember that tour coming through, and thinking how weird it was that RTJ was on a bill with Lorde and Mitski. Your description of the crowd not being hyped for RTJ is exactly how I pictured it, so I'm glad I didn't go; that would have driven me nuts.

Now the RTJ / Rage tour, that's how you do it!

I have 2 toddlers running around the house

I have one available if you want it

for anyone who wants them. I’ve got kids, and they’re really not my thing anyways

you guys are an awesome community and I love it

Cheers and respect all around

Needles and Grooves family!
Sometimes I scroll through these posts too quickly...

I don't think there was major interest here around RSD, but given the prices the RSD release went for, worth mentioning

Crazy price for 4 songs but...

I know obviously they didn't mean it this way, but I like thinking they assume Killer Mike and El-P are related. Maybe they think all bands are family bands...

I’ll take a spot in the very back of the line for anyone who has an extra RTJ2. I don’t need this album, but I’d enjoy it enough to buy it off someone if they end up stuck with an extra.

So, let’s wait a day or two and make sure everyone who’s been refreshing that page for a few months gets one before anyone sells theirs to me.

I'm in this boat too. 🤘
I don't think there was major interest here around RSD, but given the prices the RSD release went for, worth mentioning

Crazy price for 4 songs but...

Can't support that price. I'll wait it out and maybe it will be like Isolation that hovered around $13-16 for a while.

I need that "Por Vida" EP though, that would be 🔥

I remember that tour coming through, and thinking how weird it was that RTJ was on a bill with Lorde and Mitski. Your description of the crowd not being hyped for RTJ is exactly how I pictured it, so I'm glad I didn't go; that would have driven me nuts.

Now the RTJ / Rage tour, that's how you do it!
It seemed so odd to me as well, but I’m so glad we went. Mitski was great, and RTJ was fun as always.

We have tix to two Rage / RTJ shows at MSG. Cannot wait to hear Call Ticketron live at the garden!

I took my daughter to this show (w/ RTJ and w/o Mitski). We were there to see Lorde, who my daughter loves and I also really like (I think her 2nd album is excellent). I know RTJ but don't listen to them, and my daughter had no clue.

Easily the oddest and most mismatched opener/headliner I've seen in 40 years seeing live music.

Trying to think of oddest openers I've seen. Ed Sheeran opening for Rolling Stones comes to mind. The crowd seemed a bit befuddled. I liked the move though. He did some acoustic stuff, a little rap-singing, some guitar percussion and looping. He wasn't trying to upstage the Stones by any means but I felt he held his own given the older kind of crowd. And this coming from a guy who isn't particularly a fan of his overly sentimental style of music.

I took my daughter to this show (w/ RTJ and w/o Mitski). We were there to see Lorde, who my daughter loves and I also really like (I think her 2nd album is excellent). I know RTJ but don't listen to them, and my daughter had no clue.

Easily the oddest and most mismatched opener/headliner I've seen in 40 years seeing live music.
I see you are from Portland. I was at that show, too! Lorde was awesome.

Back