Pre-Order Thread

I pulled the trigger. I’ve wanted some Vince Guaraldi (don’t have any currently) and like the baseball theme.

He seems like he's in a real weird place in his life. But whoever did his ink is real good.

Was he hanging with Willy Mason during quarantine? They both came out with super weird videos for short, simple songs a little off their usual paths. I think I dig them both, but really want to hear the rest of both albums before grabbing them.

View attachment 95459
Ordered this because Ohio

Smashed that mf pre-order button so fast

And the deluxe version seems to be gone, so good timing.

FWIW, I did email the webstore who verified my order fell out of the note range. Honestly, just a really bad way to handle this kind of release and I'm debating cancelling it and just ordering the Matador out of principle. I rarely get upset over vinyl releases but if you're gonna charge 20+ more for webstore deluxe edition, put a note in each one or don't run a system that says you have it and then removes it at check out.

Edit: Or put up two listings: one with note and one without note.

Last edited:
And the deluxe version seems to be gone, so good timing.

FWIW, I did email the webstore who verified my order fell out of the note range. Honestly, just a really bad way to handle this kind of release and I'm debating cancelling it and just ordering the Matador out of principle. I rarely get upset over vinyl releases but if you're gonna charge 20+ more for webstore deluxe edition, put a note in each one or don't run a system that says you have it and then removes it at check out.
I would not be surprised if they end up doing the full /500. Fleet Foxes messed up the run on one edition of "Shore" and sent everyone a signed print to make up for it. If Matador/the webstore gets enough complaints they'll probably do it. It doesn't actually make a lot of sense why it's $20 more. It comes with stickers, I think? but that's not worth the extra $20.

I honestly don't think I got it in time. I saw her Instagram post 40 minutes after she posted and grabbed the limited edition ASAP. If anything it's /500 so it'll be pretty valuable in the future.

I would not be surprised if they end up doing the full /500. Fleet Foxes messed up the run on one edition of "Shore" and sent everyone a signed print to make up for it. If Matador/the webstore gets enough complaints they'll probably do it. It doesn't actually make a lot of sense why it's $20 more. It comes with stickers, I think? but that's not worth the extra $20.

I honestly don't think I got it in time. I saw her Instagram post 40 minutes after she posted and grabbed the limited edition ASAP. If anything it's /500 so it'll be pretty valuable in the future.

I am pretty confident you didn't get in in time if I didn't based on the post times. I hope you did of course and I am hoping they find a way to make it good. They know they had an issue with the coupon code staying present despite the note being out of stock.

They're at least aware of this being an issue and they did offer a cancellation so I'm debating now how much I really want this colorway. I'll probably keep it based on the value and the lyric book (I'm a big sucker for a good lyric book) but it kinda puts a damper on a new release from one of my favorite artists.

I am pretty confident you didn't get in in time if I didn't based on the post times. I hope you did of course and I am hoping they find a way to make it good. They know they had an issue with the coupon code staying present despite the note being out of stock.

They're at least aware of this being an issue and they did offer a cancellation so I'm debating now how much I really want this colorway. I'll probably keep it based on the value and the lyric book (I'm a big sucker for a good lyric book) but it kinda puts a damper on a new release from one of my favorite artists.
yeah definitely handled pretty poorly. I guess the lyric book and stickers are worth the extra $20. You could buy both and sell one later on. Knowing how rabid the boygenius fans are you could easily sell it later on and keep on variant.

Box Set alert. I’m a huge Boingo fan, but IDK if I’d shell out an extra $140 for extra artwork, a USB and an artbook.
That was way too much for me as well - it didn't pass the "will I look at it more than once" test.

The last track, Insects, is apparently a new version of the Boingo song - I can see it fitting with the sound of the other tracks he's released already.

Lucy's variants all look really good at least and now I can rest a little bit debating if I want to save some cash.

Likewise @Djxfactor511 , it would've been a bang up RotM choice and an easy cancel and get through Magnolia for me.

Last edited:
That was way too much for me as well - it didn't pass the "will I look at it more than once" test.

The last track, Insects, is apparently a new version of the Boingo song - I can see it fitting with the sound of the other tracks he's released already.
Yeah an update to Insects should be amazing! Have you found anywhere else selling the 2LP other than the Elfman website?

Back