Pre-Order Thread

It is up there with Sonic Youth for Daydream Nation and Flaming Lips for Hit the Future Deathhead. All 3 took a big chunk of my hearing.

Ooooo Loudest gig posts ...

Whitesnake at Wolverhampton civic a few years back ...I think they thought they were playing Donington or something ...the opening bass drum volume on Burn was making my heart jump faster I swear .... my poor old wife was grimacing in her seat in fear ...super gig ...

Motörhead were pretty spectacular too... the pre show ritual of turning up all the amps so there was white noise aplenty was a great psych out test with the audience ...

Happy days

So from that article basically we got these releases because his nieces and nephews were pestering him to stop being uncle grumpy

Good work kids!

I don't understand why he says he listens to Spotify and loves Frank Ocean but then later is explaining to his nieces and nephews that their albums aren't up there and that his perception of the world isn't the world.

Kevin gonna Kevin haha

I forever regret not seeing them at this music festival from 2009. I didn't even really know about them at the time but I was a massive MGMT fan so I only went on Sunday. Major regret since I'll probably never see them now.

Looking back now, that lineup is absolutely stacked. I would have absolutely gone to each day. And in hindsight Sunday is probably the weakest day.

View attachment 93807
If I’m remembering correctly, the weather sucked that weekend and many performances never happened. We had out of town family visiting, and I wanted so badly to see Elbow that Sunday.

If I’m remembering correctly, the weather sucked that weekend and many performances never happened. We had out of town family visiting, and I wanted so badly to see Elbow that Sunday.
Wow I completely forgot about that but you’re right. Sunday was delayed for like 3-4 hours and they had us wait in the old train buildings near the park. I remember I just threw out my shoes when I got home because they were so muddy.

They are a cult act but by now it's also been years and years of them topping best of lists by the people who follow pitchfork and /mu/ and reddit, etc. which I think now has a big overlap with at least the younger people spending like crazy on vinyl these days.
They did a Goddamn supreme Collab

My local has the m b v limited edition deluxe listed now, which makes me think they will be widespread across US. Still no indication of Loveless though …

so one thing to keep in mind

The only thing deluxe about MBV is the packaging (unlike loveless/isnt anything, this has always been full analog from start to finish), there also seems to be a bit more flexibility from what I can see about that being sold in stores (this may be most likely due to how this record was always owned by the band, pure speculation on my part, but it no other labels, distros had a hand in MBV at the time of it's release).

I've heard (and I hope I'm wrong) what indie stores may get is the gatefold 180 gram standard aka non deluxe aka non analog master)

I forever regret not seeing them at this music festival from 2009. I didn't even really know about them at the time but I was a massive MGMT fan so I only went on Sunday. Major regret since I'll probably never see them now.

Looking back now, that lineup is absolutely stacked. I would have absolutely gone to each day. And in hindsight Sunday is probably the weakest day.

View attachment 93807
The last time MBV performed in America was 2018. They were also going to play at the FYF Fest in California but it was canceled because of low ticket sales. And then there's also the sexual misconduct with the founder and such...

MBV also played a new song on that tour. Hmm...

Did you hear anything about this?
I will say that if it doesn't pan out, for people in the US who want the Sons of Kemet indie version, Juno.co.uk seems to be the best option price-wise if you need to import it. I'm still holding out for a US one to save a few bucks.

The last time MBV performed in America was 2018. They were also going to play at the FYF Fest in California but it was canceled because of low ticket sales. And then there's also the sexual misconduct with the founder and such...

MBV also played a new song on that tour. Hmm...

ah yeah, they played 2

I have a handful of bootlegs with varying degrees of these songs. especially in tokyo

IMG_0695.jpeg
the one on the bottom is their first and only show in Japan for loveless. I am basically now missing 3 Japan shows, and I will have every show they've done in Japan (yes I am a nerd).

So let me get this straight.
There are no changes from the 2018 Loveless / Isn't Anything reissues & 2013 mbv release sonically?

It really didn’t. I kept waiting hoping that it would drop in the US but after about a month stuff in the store started to disappear from the site so I bit the bullet and purchased Loveless.

Exactly. Most people were grouchy that the records were like $50 shipped from Ireland so they lasted awhile. This of course was the days before $47 VMP GZ presses so it wasn't widely accepted to drop that much.

So let me get this straight.
There are no changes from the 2018 Loveless / Isn't Anything reissues & 2013 mbv release sonically?
from everything i've read and heard, this is correct.

In the end Kevin probably pumped so much money in those remasters, and they're so good, why even do anymore

I believe isnt anything was sent to like 15 plants and kevin wasn't happy,, hence why some people got those test presses

all we really need now is the 45 RPM version...

Back