Pre-Order Thread

Yeah... I love the alternate cover but can’t bring myself to buy vinyl from Target... 😬
I will say I've been happier with Target than Amazon. Packed pretty well, good prices. 2 damage issues (warp, etc.) and they replaced one and refunded the other without making me send it back. That's better than Amazon.

Target is definitely a great place to buy vinyl. They get some really great pressings, especially Nirvana unplugged. Pretty sure it was pressed at Pallas?! They ship things well, never any issues with damaged jackets or seam splits. You can also use their B2G1 on pre-orders.
Target, like most retailers selling variants, are just selling color versions of the more widely available release. The Nirvana stuff has had a nice pedigree for a minute.

Rhythm, Country and Blues features duets between R&B and Country music artists on classic songs. Released by MCA Records in March 1994, the album debuted at #1 on Top Country Albums and #15 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts.

Tracklist:

SIDE A

1. “Ain’t Nothing Like The Real Thing”- Gladys Knight & Vince Gill
  2. “I Fall To Pieces”- Aaron Neville & Trisha Yearwood
  3. “Somethin’ Else”- Little Richard & Tanya Tucker
  4. “When Something Is Wrong With My Baby”- Patti LaBelle & Travis Tritt
  5. “Rainy Night In Georgia”- Sam Moore & Conway Twitty
SIDE B

1. “Chain Of Fools”- Clint Black & The Pointer Sisters
  2. “Since I Fell For You”- Natalie Cole & Reba McEntire
  3. “Southern Nights”- Allen Toussaint & Chet Atkins
  4. “The Weight”- Marty Stuart & The Staple Singers
  5. “Patches”- George Jones & BB King

I impulse bought it and I'm debating whether to keep it. If I decide not to I'll let you know and will try to change the shipping address to yours!
that is very thoughtful of you 🥺 i am sure (or at least hopeful) there will be more chances for me to pick this album up down the line tho, i just was bummed initially because i was just on their Bandcamp a day or so ago and didn't see it 😅

Cross post from the Jazz thread. Jazz in Britain will soon open pre-order to their next release: Don Rendell & Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings

This one isn’t going to last long. I bit the bullet and ordered one.

Today’s email “... Jazz In Britain
Thank you to everyone for a truly exceptional response so far to Don Rendell Ian Carr Quintet - Blue Beginnings. It's our fastest selling release so far by a significant margin, and remarkably is currently in the top twenty best selling albums worldwide on Bandcamp in ANY genre!! Can we get it into the top ten?

If you want one, don't delay. They are shifting very quickly indeed!
jazzinbritain1.bandcamp.com/album/blue-beginnings”

I know some folks wanted this one pressed...

Death Cab For Cutie - Georgia EP

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-075!

Want to learn more about our label and subscription? Join us over in the VINYL CLUBS section of the N&G site!

Soul Step Records are back again to kick off 2021 with another release! Our next vinyl drop will be a partnership with Party Mermaid Records to release a 7” single with Late Slip featuring Nick Waterhouse. We’re so excited to welcome them to Soul Step Records with a blistering hot throwback R&B two-sider of “Strike / Reelin.”

Late Slip is the musical vehicle of Chelsea Nenni. She leads the pack with strong vocals, fuzzy guitar, and heart-on-your-sleeve songwriting. These two tracks featured on our 7” single release was produced at the hands of the multitalented Lewis Pesacov, who also worked on Best Coast’s “Crazy For You,” among many other retro-tinged recordings.

Nick Waterhouse is one of the kings of modern Soul and R&B music. He established his musical sensibilities in the middle of the burgeoning southern California Psych-Garage scene while retaining his unique perspective on the spirit of American R&B and Rock & Roll. He’s collaborated with the likes of Leon Bridges and has released many superb albums on Innovative Leisure Records.
This special 45 from Late Slip is full of fun throwback tunes that when placed on the turntable - will get the party up and dancing instantly. From the steamy and sultry “Strike” that graces the A-side all the way to the rocking and rolling up-tempo “Reelin” that is found on the B-Side. This 45 features a strong rhythm section and a soaring horn section. All of this makes this one hot 45 that you need to have in your collection.

Soul Step Records will be releasing the 45 of “Strike / Reelin” by Late Slip featuring Nick Waterhouse to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, January 16th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, January 18th. The tracks on this 45 can be found on the “Reelin” EP that is streaming on all services right now.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.
IMG_2083.jpgIMG_2086.jpg

Lake Street Dive announced a new album, Obviously, released on 3/12. Limited Edition Transparent Green vinyl pre-orders are live. $21 (black is $20), and you can get it signed for an extra $10.

Back