Pre-Order Thread

I think it’s more the whole controversy of him grooming young hopeful female artists with promises of record deals/recording sessions and his manipulative and controlling behaviour towards his ex wife.

The NY Times did an expose just before the first of a trio of albums was to be released in early 2019. The record company pulled its release. This was to be the second of the trio. I think that’s more what the post is referring to.

thanks for the background info.

I think it’s more the whole controversy of him grooming young hopeful female artists with promises of record deals/recording sessions and his manipulative and controlling behaviour towards his ex wife.

The NY Times did an expose just before the first of a trio of albums was to be released in early 2019. The record company pulled its release. This was to be the second of the trio. I think that’s more what the post is referring to.
there is also other disturbing allegations you've left out.

Huge fan and I sold / gave away everything I had of his when the allegations came to light.

I was watching Old School the other night and one of his songs basically opens the movie and I felt a twinge of sadness but otherwise have had no problem avoiding/ignoring him all this time.

At my local store all his records, which were brand new, got put in the discount long boxes below the shelves for a few bucks. Owners took a loss, but they didn't care.

At my local store all his records, which were brand new, got put in the discount long boxes below the shelves for a few bucks. Owners took a loss, but they didn't care.

I wonder if the Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, Sam Cooke, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop and RHCP records met similar fates or if just ol' Ryan took the fall for all of rock and roll's sins

Here we go again ..

Here we go again ..

Shall we just forget all the reprehensible things people do so that you can ignore uncomfortable truths? Nope I don’t think we’ll be doing that.

You are perfectly entitled to buy and listen to whatever the hell you like. Others are perfectly entitled to point out what he’s done, which is not inconsiderable, question why he’s allowed to resume his career 2 years later where he left it off and to refuse to support him. He did this to himself with his actions towards his many victims.

Last edited:
Shall we just forget all the reprehensible things people do so that you can ignore uncomfortable truths? Nope I don’t think we’ll be doing that.

You are perfectly entitled to buy and listen to whatever the hell you like. Others are perfectly entitled to point out what he’s done, which is not inconsiderable, question why he’s allowed to resume his career where he left off 2 years later where he left it off and to refuse to support him. He did this to himself with his actions towards his many victims.

Just not a fan of cancel culture

I’m not a fan of people shouting cancel culture when people refuse to financially support an artist or refuse to give them a platform, No artist has an automatic right to my money, a right to a platform or a right to do shit and have people not point it out.

But where does it end Joe ? I’m pretty sure every famous rock star has acted questionably in the past ....and has had a messy divorce ....

The world just seems incredibly pious at the moment ... he fucked up..apologised ..went off to rehab or counselling or whatever ... seems like pointing out his sins again and again is rather moralistic..and removing his platform ...well that’s just censorship ...no different to burning books imo

But we can all agree to disagree ... as is our right in a free thinking world !

☮️

View attachment 79370

View attachment 79371

View attachment 79372

View attachment 79373

View attachment 79374

View attachment 79375

View attachment 79376

man, all these Metallica reissues and no Lulu??? 😤 hehe no thanks✌️😙

no different to burning books imo
i might be thin-skinned and biased here as a german but comparing book burning ( mostly done by oppressive regimes like the nazis) with someone stating they don´t want to support an artist like ryan adam is just something i do not wanna let stand here uncommented. it is simply not the same . someone not agrreing witha dams as a person and not supporting his art or even urging others not to buy his stuff is far from censorship carried out by an oppressive regime. No one will fear repercussions for buying ryans stuff, he is not censored, indeed his record are widely available at all retailers, he is able to express his views on social media and (probably, i did not check) on music websites and publications as well.
I do understand that it is a personal decison whose stuff to buy and whose not and we are probably all inconsequential and hypocritical in our actions regarding this, ( i love his past work too much to have gotten rid of the lps i have, but feel no great need to dive in the new one itm, but have led zep, stones or bowie records without having a clear cut rule on hat to buy and what not) but just shouting "cancel culture" and "censorship" i find a bit too simplistic. I grant him or others ( like morissey) the right to free expression and releasing music. i don´t want anyone to enforce him not to pu out records, but i also i also want to grant anyone the right to refuse to collaborate or financially support those as well as the right to criticize them and their work

i might be thin-skinned and biased here as a german but comparing book burning ( mostly done by oppressive regimes like the nazis) with someone stating they don´t want to support an artist like ryan adam is just something i do not wanna let stand here uncommented. it is simply not the same . someone not agrreing witha dams as a person and not supporting his art or even urging others not to buy his stuff is far from censorship carried out by an oppressive regime. No one will fear repercussions for buying ryans stuff, he is not censored, indeed his record are widely available at all retailers, he is able to express his views on social media and (probably, i did not check) on music websites and publications as well.
I do understand that it is a personal decison whose stuff to buy and whose not and we are probably all inconsequential and hypocritical in our actions regarding this, ( i love his past work too much to have gotten rid of the lps i have, but feel no great need to dive in the new one itm, but have led zep, stones or bowie records without having a clear cut rule on hat to buy and what not) but just shouting "cancel culture" and "censorship" i find a bit too simplistic. I grant him or others ( like morissey) the right to free expression and releasing music. i don´t want anyone to enforce him not to pu out records, but i also i also want to grant anyone the right to refuse to collaborate or financially support those as well as the right to criticize them and their work

Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly with this, it’s the absolutely correct take. It is absolutely not censorship, it’s making a choice for yourself and/or your business, he’s still free to do his thing just not on your dollar.

I equally have his entire collection, was probably one of his biggest fans on here, and haven’t been able to get rid of it even if I find it very rare that I gravitate towards one of his albums anymore. Like you I can’t see myself jumping to support any new releases of his.

But where does it end Joe ? I’m pretty sure every famous rock star has acted questionably in the past ....and has had a messy divorce ....

The world just seems incredibly pious at the moment ... he fucked up..apologised ..went off to rehab or counselling or whatever ... seems like pointing out his sins again and again is rather moralistic..and removing his platform ...well that’s just censorship ...no different to burning books imo

But we can all agree to disagree ... as is our right in a free thinking world !

☮️
You left out the part about sexting a 15 year old girl, knowing her age and making jokes about how he'd be labeled the new R. Kelly if people found out. The FBI investigation is still ongoing. This is much more than a "messy divorce". It's repeatedly using his power and influence to force young female artists into sexual situations while manipulating them with threats of harm to himself and others if they didn't comply. Furthermore, his (now former) manager leaked their text exchange where he basically admitted the apology was purely to help sustain his music saying "I want my career back...Im not interested in this healing crap"

For those still hunting for BurialTetYorke. If you have a local record store, give them a call. Even if it's not close, give them a call anyway, and maybe they will mail it to you. I was speaking to a guy at my local store yesterday and he said they are getting them in, but have no plans of putting them up for sale online. He is putting some aside for customers who ask about them, and the rest will go in the New Vinyl shelf when they arrive.

Back