Pre-Order Thread

Isn't the Chet Baker a repress/COVID issue - i.e. if but for COVID, it would have been repressed by now. I remember the same thing happening with Wayne Shorter's Etc. and one or two others right at the beginning of the series.
Yep--that's what I meant. As far as I know, NONE of the BN80 or TPs are limited in any kind of marketing FOMO sense. Chet has seemingly been extremely popular (I understand why....I love that album and it's very accessible) and they just ran out of stock. Nobody should be paying above list price for them at this point. BN said early on that none of these are limited and will try to remain in print for as long as they can be. With the delays at pressing plants, that's likely all that has happened right now.

Hoping this shows up in US store somewhere. $27 US + $31.60 shipping. Ouch 😓

hi all!

glad to see the Dreamweavers album has come across your radar already :) shipping vinyl from europe to the US is crazy, i have no idea why. but yes, the album will be in US stores. if you have a favorite, ask them about it along with the label info (Mother Tongue Records) and hopefully they can order it if it isnt already coming in. planning on doing a streamed chat with my collaborators and album producers about the record in a couple of weeks' time once it hits streaming services too.

btw, Mother Tongue is a great new Italian label who have their own pressing plant. the care they're taking in the whole production process is amazing and this might just be my favorite vinyl pressing i've had of one of my own releases :) for some out there beats, check out Tommaso Cappellato's 'Butterflying' release on Mother Tongue as well. and speaking of, they told me that shipping to the US is a flat rate for up to 10 records via their online store - https://www.mothertonguerecords.com/vinyl-records-shop/

x

ps. the vinyl going out to stores may be the regular black wax, not the variant on bandcamp and on the MT online store

hi all!

glad to see the Dreamweavers album has come across your radar already :) shipping vinyl from europe to the US is crazy, i have no idea why. but yes, the album will be in US stores. if you have a favorite, ask them about it along with the label info (Mother Tongue Records) and hopefully they can order it if it isnt already coming in. planning on doing a streamed chat with my collaborators and album producers about the record in a couple of weeks' time once it hits streaming services too.

btw, Mother Tongue is a great new Italian label who have their own pressing plant. the care they're taking in the whole production process is amazing and this might just be my favorite vinyl pressing i've had of one of my own releases :) for some out there beats, check out Tommaso Cappellato's 'Butterflying' release on Mother Tongue as well. and speaking of, they told me that shipping to the US is a flat rate for up to 10 records via their online store - https://www.mothertonguerecords.com/vinyl-records-shop/

x

ps. the vinyl going out to stores may be the regular black wax, not the variant on bandcamp and on the MT online store
one last thought for now ...shhhhh

i have a private merch store for my patreon members - Mark de Clive-Lowe is creating music without borders | Patreon if you're curious - and have a few sets of the Dreamweavers 7" (aquamarine, 2 bonus tracks) + Dreamweavers LP (the black vinyl cut, not the variant) available for a fair price + super fair shipping :) - http://MdCL.tv/merch - password MdCLm3rch

View attachment 71915

The white vinyl Antics came out a year ago

Great album...but nope this is a straight money grab...I have the cloudy sound of vinyl release from a few years back I’ll stick with
definitely a money grab but it could be priced A LOT worse. $20.99 is pretty cheap nowadays. They could have gotten away with $30 and people would probably have still bought it.

definitely a money grab but it could be priced A LOT worse. $20.99 is pretty cheap nowadays. They could have gotten away with $30 and people would probably have still bought it.
Oh the prices are great...matador always has cheap releases which is great...just wish these were quality pressed
I do have the RTI antics release that sounds great though

Back