Pre-Order Thread

This one flew right under my radar. Richard & Linda Thompson are issuing a new boxset (CD only) but with it are three others available individually on wax: I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Hokey Pokey and Pour Down Like Silver.

Available at the usual suspects. Gonna pick up a new copy of Bright Lights and see how it compares to the Wax Cathedral version I have. Optimistic as this was all mastered by Andrew Batt and the Thompson’s signed off on all of the tracks.

Last edited:
This one flew right under my radar. Richard & Linda Thompson are issuing a new boxset (CD only) but with it are three others on wax: I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Hokey Pokey and Pour Down Like Silver.

Available at the usual suspects. Gonna pick up a new copy of Bright Lights and see how it compares to the Wax Cathedral version I have. Optimistic as this was all mastered by Andrew Batt and the Thompson’s signed off on all of the tracks.
The CD set dropped to just over £50 so I bagged one on Pre-Order

This one flew right under my radar. Richard & Linda Thompson are issuing a new boxset (CD only) but with it are three others available individually on wax: I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight, Hokey Pokey and Pour Down Like Silver.

Bright Lights and Pour Down are essential. These have been quite anticipated by me too (vinyl, not box set) except the vinyl releases keep getting pushed. I’ll pick them up if the reviews are good.

I have both original UK Islands and Bright Lights is stunning sound-wise. I’ll compare them eventually. Hokey Pokey is no slouch either just not my favorite RT release.

Bright Lights and Pour Down are essential. These have been quite anticipated by me too (vinyl, not box set) except the vinyl releases keep getting pushed. I’ll pick them up if the reviews are good.

I have both original UK Islands and Bright Lights is stunning sound-wise. I’ll compare them eventually. Hokey Pokey is no slouch either just not my favorite RT release.
I’ve been chasing a decent copy of Bright Lights (my favorite) for awhile. The Wax Cathedral version is good, but I suspect these new ones had better access to masters.

Boo....we want bbng1 and 2

Correct, but that compilation is missing a few songs from the 3 ep's that it contains so I'm more inclined to just get them individually. Unlike the famous original My Bloody Valentine ep's, they seem to be having an easier time reissuing Slowdive stuff.

Also what I recall happening at the time these came out was massive hype for the band and Creation Records but once they released their first full length album they got trashed in the UK music rags.

Correct, but that compilation is missing a few songs from the 3 ep's that it contains so I'm more inclined to just get them individually. Unlike the famous original My Bloody Valentine ep's, they seem to be having an easier time reissuing Slowdive stuff.

Also what I recall happening at the time these came out was massive hype for the band and Creation Records but once they released their first full length album they got trashed in the UK music rags.
Yes, I'm tracking the missing songs. But it's 3 songs...one of which is a cover and one of which can be found on Just for a Day. So, really, you're only missing one Slowdive song (Avalyn II).

I guess I meant it more as if anyone is picking up Blue Day, then there is no point in picking up Morningrise as that is present in its entirety on Blue Day (well, I guess there is a point if you're a completionist for Slowdive's discog; of which, I am not but YMMV). But then again, if you do want all the songs, yes, it would make more sense to get the 3 and forgo Blue Day (or, again, if Slowdive is a band that triggers one's OCD get them all lol)

Yes, I'm tracking the missing songs. But it's 3 songs...one of which is a cover and one of which can be found on Just for a Day. So, really, you're only missing one Slowdive song (Avalyn II).

I guess I meant it more as if anyone is picking up Blue Day, then there is no point in picking up Morningrise as that is present in its entirety on Blue Day (well, I guess there is a point if you're a completionist for Slowdive's discog; of which, I am not but YMMV). But then again, if you do want all the songs, yes, it would make more sense to get the 3 and forgo Blue Day (or, again, if Slowdive is a band that triggers one's OCD get them all lol)
Lol yeah that's me I guess. I like the ep album artworks too

Just found these. They seem pretty cool. Breakbeat and Ambient remixes of various artists including some Shoegaze stuff like Chapterhouse, Seefeel, Slowdive, and Spiritualized.

I ordered through Amazon. Thank you!

EDIT: I wonder what will be the next Hydeout reissue. I hope we'll have 2nd Collection, Spiritual State and Luv(sic) Hexalogy at some point. If they keep following catalog numbers, 2nd Collection might actually be the next

View attachment 65106
Second collection would be great and if they are following that trens that could mean Soon it will be Cold enough my get a repress!

Billy Brooks - Windows Of The Mind

Wewantsounds is delighted to announce the reissue of Billy Brooks' much sought-after album "Windows Of The Mind," released in 1974 on Ray Charles' Crossover Records. The album, co-produced by Ray Charles and featuring such heavy players as Herman Riley, Calvin Keys and Larry Gales, includes one of the most famous samples in hip hop history in the form of 'Fourty Days' which forms the backbone of A Tribe Called Quest's 1990 anthemic 'Luck of Lucien.'

Newly remastered, the reissue comes with original artwork.

Back