Pre-Order Thread

I have the red Remain In Light from RSD a couple years ago and it does sound great.

I owned Canadian 80's pressings of More Songs, Fear Of Music and Speaking In Tongues and these remasters beat them by a long shot. Though I know people swear by the original US pressings. I haven't heard those myself.

I owned Canadian 80's pressings of More Songs, Fear Of Music and Speaking In Tongues and these remasters beat them by a long shot. Though I know people swear by the original US pressings.
I have an OG Talking Heads 77 so maybe I will skip out on these but it's very tempting. I love that album...

@NathanRicaud gimme your favorite Sade album and why, please! You can only choose one!!
Love Deluxe, as it’s a luxurious, rich, intimate, submersive, pristine white sand beach, secluded island, liquid rush of desire, soft pebbles, translucent sounding album! 🌴🌊

Love Deluxe is a very unique, atmospheric, watery, deep, fragile, lonely yet warm album! The saxophone, intricate guitar lines, deep drums and slinking percussion let your mind run away to somewhere crystalline and pure! 💎🥥🏝

Love Deluxe is an ethereal, romantic, sultry, sensual quiet storm masterpiece! It is undoubtedly one of the best albums of the 90’s! 🍷🎷

Love Deluxe, as it’s a luxurious, rich, intimate, submersive, pristine white sand beach, secluded island, liquid rush of desire sounding album, soft pebbles, translucent sounding album! 🌴🌊

Love Deluxe is a very unique, atmospheric, watery, deep, fragile, lonely yet warm album! The saxophone, intricate guitar lines, deep drums and slinking percussion let your mind run away to somewhere crystalline and pure! 💎🥥🏝

Love Deluxe is an ethereal, romantic, sultry, sensual quiet storm masterpiece! It is undoubtedly one of the best albums of the 90’s! 🍷🎷
That’s my thoughts on Love Deluxe and it is what I feel and think when I listen to the album @MikeH ! It’s just a beautiful album!

Someone mentioned that it might be a mono fold down FWIW...not sure if that's true or not though!
The original isn't a fold. This appears to be the first LP mono reissue except for an Electric Co. one this year. Rhino has put it out on CD before, but I haven't read reviews of it.
Sorry, it seems a lot more up in the air than I thought. I was going off of this that I saw a long time ago, as he usually doesn't say stuff like this unless he's sure.

Screenshot_20200902-192323.png

However, in this thread, 5 years later, he doesn't contradict someone who says it sounds like some are dedicated Mono and some are fold downs.

Screenshot_20200902-191705.png

I'll keep looking for something definitive.

Love Deluxe, as it’s a luxurious, rich, intimate, submersive, pristine white sand beach, secluded island, liquid rush of desire, soft pebbles, translucent sounding album! 🌴🌊

My favorite remains Diamond Life. I have an original UK pressing of that one. Love the grooves on it. But I pretty much need all the LPs.

A lot of the popular titles end up selling out IIRC. If you want Talking Heads 77 though I have heard great things about this guy:

Kevin Gray Remaster

With no details about these new pressings I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get these yet.
I have that one and it's fantastic 🍻

+1

Sorry, it seems a lot more up in the air than I thought. I was going off of this that I saw a long time ago, as he usually doesn't say stuff like this unless he's sure.

View attachment 64410

However, in this thread, 5 years later, he doesn't contradict someone who says it sounds like some are dedicated Mono and some are fold downs.

View attachment 64408

I'll keep looking for something definitive.
This thread is funny. First he said this:

Screenshot_20200902-192614.png

Then someone points out what he said in 2005, so he backtracks and says he thought they were talking about folding the stereo press using their amp that no one had said anything about, then says this:

Screenshot_20200902-193209.png

This is some interesting pondering though.

Screenshot_20200902-192845.png

Who knows!? I'd be interested to hear it, but not sure if I'm motivated enough to grab it when the stereo sounds so good.

I would hope electric rec co would answer that for $300 but I don't know.

Edit: according to them it is "true mono" but they posted pictures of the master that says "stereo master" at the top. :unsure:

Mastered in True Mono from the original 1st generation master tapes (identified by the abrupt edit at the end of “A House is not a Motel”) via our 1965 all valve Lyrec / Ortofon analogue cutting chain. No equalisation or compression was used during the mastering process.

1-2-w640.jpg

Last edited:
i know you can't take discogs as a definitive answer but people are saying the 2018 CD mono mix is a stereo fold down also same with the 2020 electric pressing.so it's also looking like this is going to be a stereo fold down.

i know you can't take discogs as a definitive answer but people are saying the 2018 CD mono mix is a stereo fold down also same with the 2020 electric pressing.so it's also looking like this is going to be a stereo fold down.
The info is all over the place on this one as @dhodo has pointed out...crazy that nobody seems to know. Also crazy that the $400 one says stereo masters on their tapes but they insist it is mono hah.

The info is all over the place on this one as @dhodo has pointed out...crazy that nobody seems to know. Also crazy that the $400 one says stereo masters on their tapes but they insist it is mono hah.
Yeah, insane that people bought that out at those prices without them explaining that discrepancy in their listing/photo.

Back