Pre-Order Thread

The million dollar question. Would they really remaster it twice in 6 years? The only reason I can think of for doing that is because the 2014 one has gotten mixed reviews.
I was going to ask too, as people seem to have a lot of opinions on Oasis remasters.

I have the 2014 remaster and while it's a serviceable and clean pressing, the master just seems to have everything cranked up across the board and not really anything dynamic and worthy of vinyl.

Interesting. Was more confused about how they point out that their pressings are rare (FOMO-mongering) and the "I'm buying MULTIPLE because I can" which sounds like a line written for a Starship Troopers sequel. And what is classic about a red spine? I DONLAIK IT
Yeah, I like Vulfpeck but I’m not a fan of their vinyl “game,” especially when they promote it like this. I know a lot of their fans are completists and I feel like they’re just catering to that and a secondary market by doing these types of releases.

Okay guys, no one has pre orders in Canada for Rocktober The Crow or Janes Addiction. I've put an insanely expensive pre order in at SRC for The Crow that I expect to get cancelled. If ANYONE is able to find an extra copy of each of these when they come out please let me know or just grab them. I know it'll be stupid expensive for me to pay to get them here but these are two I've been looking for, for about 3 years... If the pre order actually goes through or I find The Crow or Janes up here I'll still pay whoever gets a copy for it. So you won't get stuck. I missed out on the RSD Crow because Canada got like 2 copies and it looks like the same thing is happening now with these two...
Cheers.

Okay guys, no one has pre orders in Canada for Rocktober The Crow or Janes Addiction. I've put an insanely expensive pre order in at SRC for The Crow that I expect to get cancelled. If ANYONE is able to find an extra copy of each of these when they come out please let me know or just grab them. I know it'll be stupid expensive for me to pay to get them here but these are two I've been looking for, for about 3 years... If the pre order actually goes through or I find The Crow or Janes up here I'll still pay whoever gets a copy for it. So you won't get stuck. I missed out on the RSD Crow because Canada got like 2 copies and it looks like the same thing is happening now with these two...
Cheers.
Hey dude--I got ya if you want. Waterloo has em for $31.99 each. Just shoot me a note if you want me to buy them for ya. Not sure how much it would cost to send to canada...but we can figure somethin out!

Interesting. Was more confused about how they point out that their pressings are rare (FOMO-mongering) and the "I'm buying MULTIPLE because I can" which sounds like a line written for a Starship Troopers sequel. And what is classic about a red spine? I DONLAIK IT
I personally like how they release their stuff and think more artists should do the same. They press as many records as are ordered. You have 30 days to order it so it's not like it will sell out immediately. The written copy is a bit lame, but at least they aren't really preventing anybody from buying their records.

I wonder if this is the same Remaster as 2014 just on silver vinyl or actually a new remaster.

Definitely Maybe 25th was the same as the 20th last year so I doubt they’d have done anything different this time. Noel oversaw the 20th editions and i can’t see him being arsed enough to do more work only 5 years on.

I was going to ask too, as people seem to have a lot of opinions on Oasis remasters.

I have the 2014 remaster and while it's a serviceable and clean pressing, the master just seems to have everything cranked up across the board and not really anything dynamic and worthy of vinyl.

Its oasis! Every mix and pressing on all formats in existence of their first 3 are brickwalled to fuck. It was how it was originally done. Noel likes it and I can’t see that ever changing.

Definitely Maybe 25th was the same as the 20th last year so I doubt they’d have done anything different this time. Noel oversaw the 20th editions and i can’t see him being arsed enough to do more work only 5 years on.

Its oasis! Every mix and pressing on all formats in existence of their first 3 are brickwalled to fuck. It was how it was originally done. Noel likes it and I can’t see that ever changing.
Let’s start a petition to remaster again in hopes that it reaches Noel and he tweets angrily about it. The petition can then die because that will be its ultimate goal.

I was hoping he'd end up releasing this!
Guess who just ordered several vinyl reissues from Nick Cave's site thinking he was getting a pretty good deal and not really thinking about the fact that those prices were listed in GBP?

giphy.gif

Let’s start a petition to remaster again in hopes that it reaches Noel and he tweets angrily about it. The petition can then die because that will be its ultimate goal.

I think you’ll have to make do with him moaning about squares on his mates radio show, i don’t think he does social media beyond management run promo accounts. The ultimate win would be Liam tweeting to shit about Noel over it to wind big brother up...

I think you’ll have to make do with him moaning about squares on his mates radio show, i don’t think he does social media beyond management run promo accounts. The ultimate win would be Liam tweeting to shit about Noel over it to wind big brother up...

Although the odds on Liam actually understanding what the fuck you are on about aren't very high.

Last edited:
Not quite a pre-order, but a pre-alert: Tomorrow on Bandcamp (which is another day when all proceeds go to the artists), there's a huge compilation of previously unreleased songs from a whole slew of great artists being released for sale, download only as far as I can tell. All proceeds going to Fair Fight, a voters' rights organization. Also signed, limited edition posters to be offered. Apparently, availability will be limited to 24 hours.

Weyes Blood doing Joni, Superchunk doing Minutemen, a Johnny Jewel mix of Angel Olsen?

Yeah I'm in on this

Back