Pre-Order Thread

Does Roctober stuff usually sell out. I have originals of all 3 Talking Heads but wouldn't mind nice shiny color pressing. Didn't know how long I should deliberate.

The Rhino pressings of the first 5 albums on black vinyl are a thing of beauty. I would assume they're using the same master for these, so they should be excellent (assuming a quality pressing plant - the black vinyl were pressed at RTI).

I’ve been lucky with Abbey Road half speeds - the most recent INXS Kick and all three Everything but the Girl releases all sound fantastic.
The Specials sounds great too but its 45RPM from what I remember which is a bit annoying. The Sticky Fingers recent one (which I believe is half speed Abbey road) sounds like butt IMO but I have a feeling it may just be the original tapes that sound bad...

A lot of the popular titles end up selling out IIRC. If you want Talking Heads 77 though I have heard great things about this guy:

Kevin Gray Remaster

With no details about these new pressings I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to get these yet.
I bet it is either a repress/variant of this or a similar/lesser new one.

Oh and Prine, because I have it.
The Prine being black and exclusive makes me think that will sell out real quick. That album is amazing...I have an OG but still debating picking this one up since KG is doing all of the other remasters. But I have also spent a TON of money on records lately and really need to cut back...

The Rhino pressings of the first 5 albums on black vinyl are a thing of beauty. I would assume they're using the same master for these, so they should be excellent (assuming a quality pressing plant - the black vinyl were pressed at RTI).
I have the red Remain In Light from RSD a couple years ago and it does sound great.

The Prine being black and exclusive makes me think that will sell out real quick. That album is amazing...I have an OG but still debating picking this one up since KG is doing all of the other remasters. But I have also spent a TON of money on records lately and really need to cut back...
I want to cut back but the Nickel Creel reissues and fucking Wilco. And lord else knows what new releases are in the pipelines. Hell at this point, I’d bet we see fucking Channel Orange just to really fuck with my resolve.

I want to cut back but the Nickel Creel reissues and fucking Wilco. And lord else knows what new releases are in the pipelines. Hell at this point, I’d bet we see fucking Channel Orange just to really fuck with my resolve.
I seriously need to dig through my shelves to offload some stuff to make space and money for all the new awesome releases lately.

Back