Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 56248
We give VMP crap about their prices...but honestly,
$26 for an 8 song album is the same ballpark.

...unless it’s 8 8 minute songs.

Maybe this belongs in Hot Takes.

Avett’s are definitely overpriced. I actually only buy their stuff if I find a deal now. Which is easier considering the fact that I haven’t liked the last two albums very much.

No you are absolutely right. All of their releases are expensive now. I've complained about them before but like a sucker I'm back in everytime. Part of the reason is all of their LP's are two discs which would make you think high quality, which is also not the case.

I will say I've not bought several other artists who have done this recently.

And it can't all be blamed on the record companies either.

[Pre-Order] Neko Case // Furnace Room Lullaby (Re-Issue, Indie-Exclusive, Colored Vinyl) $22.99 + shipping

Sadly, it seems that everybody is doing this kind of pricing now. I think it's a mix of records being more expensive to produce and also just people more willing to pay it. When I first started buying records, the though of paying $30 shipped for a 1LP was laughable to me. Nowadays, I don't blink twice if it's an album I really want...

I give VMP crap for the pricing because A) their single LPs are $34 and doubles are $40 in the shop and B) their variants of albums are almost always more expensive (even including shipping) than other shops while also being less limited.

Avett’s are definitely overpriced. I actually only buy their stuff if I find a deal now. Which is easier considering the fact that I haven’t liked the last two albums very much.

I've been the same with the last couple because they usually end up on sale. The first single for the gleam 3 sounds like they're back in their roots though

Back