Pre-Order Thread

New doves album just announced! Out 11th September!

I was going to mention this last night after listening to the first two singles on Stereogum.
But then I thought...why steal @Joe Mac's thunder?

1594387408340.png

If that sounds as good as the orange version jump on it! (Or apparently pay $150 on Discogs later?)
Does the orange one sound good? I think @feesrevenge was asking for the best pressing of this album the other day and it had me wanting to pick up a copy of the album on vinyl. I had my eyes on one of the 2008 parlophone represses. The OG vinyl supposedly sounds amazing since they did direct from tape transfers on a few of the tracks.

1594389361505.png

Signed versions available if that is your thing.

View attachment 55965

Signed versions available if that is your thing.
Weird choice of album cover + t-shirt design for an album called "Here on Earth" hah.

Ugh, why is shipping $12. Must be a Canada thing???
Yea--their bandcamp shipping is expensive. I'd wait to see if it comes up on the Return To Analog web shop because IIRC, it's cheaper to buy from them shipping-wise. If not, I'd maybe be down to buy 2 copies and then send ya one if that saves on shipping at all. I have a feeling it will just be a moot point though by the time we add media mail to get from me to ya...

Does the orange one sound good? I think @feesrevenge was asking for the best pressing of this album the other day and it had me wanting to pick up a copy of the album on vinyl. I had my eyes on one of the 2008 parlophone represses. The OG vinyl supposedly sounds amazing since they did direct from tape transfers on a few of the tracks.
Yeah. The orange Barnes And Noble one is a the Parlophone pressings not the Capitol. I believe in general with that release any Parlophone should be much better than Capitol.

Yea--their bandcamp shipping is expensive. I'd wait to see if it comes up on the Return To Analog web shop because IIRC, it's cheaper to buy from them shipping-wise. If not, I'd maybe be down to buy 2 copies and then send ya one if that saves on shipping at all. I have a feeling it will just be a moot point though by the time we add media mail to get from me to ya...
I checked RTA and it's not up there yet... I'll probably order from Bandcamp and then cancel if it pops up cheaper on RTA. I did that with their self-titled and Headroom when those got released.

That yellow one is a Parlophone reissue too so if it pops up anywhere else it's probably a worthy copy to own.

Back