Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 37869

View attachment 37870

In the aftermath of the dissolution of adored emo / indie rock bands Mineral and The Gloria Record, songwriter Chris Simpson took a step back from making music for the first time since his mid-teens. And it was during this period where an affinity for the music of the 1960s and ‘70s such as Van Morrison, Leonard Cohen, Harry Nilsson, Bob Dylan, The Velvet Underground and many more, along with the freedom and expression of jazz and artists who radically followed their own vision, took root. With additional inspiration drawn from the arenas of psychology and eastern philosophy, the beauty of the natural world, Simpson’s children and wife, old Time Life books, and the self-stated immenseness of the universe, Mountain Time has become almost more of a state-of-mind than a moniker.

Really good looking packaging...extremely curious to hear a preview.

Les Friction just launched a kickstarter for their new graphic novel, and it features a perk with both of their albums on vinyl for the first time!

Vinyl package is $150 (which includes many other goodies too), but I love this project so damn much, so I didn't even blink twice before backing. (Now if only we could get those ES Posthumus albums on wax.)

Cinematic AF music.

The limited edition (1,000 copies) blue pressing of Rowland S Howard's Teenage Snuff Film is now popping up from UK retailers who initially sold out of their leftovers. I set a restock alert and just grabbed it from Juno for $30.30 after shipping from the UK. It's the cheapest I've seen. Rough Trade UK also has it, as does Banquet records and a few others, as of today.

The limited edition (1,000 copies) blue pressing of Rowland S Howard's Teenage Snuff Film is now popping up from UK retailers who initially sold out of their leftovers. I set a restock alert and just grabbed it from Juno for $30.30 after shipping from the UK. It's the cheapest I've seen. Rough Trade UK also has it, as does Banquet records and a few others, as of today.

Lots of stuff has popped back up in restocks the past few days...wondering why? Maybe since stores are shut they aren’t selling in store or distributing anymore to stores? Just seems odd! Lots of online retailers adding back stock...

Lots of stuff has popped back up in restocks the past few days...wondering why? Maybe since stores are shut they aren’t selling in store or distributing anymore to stores? Just seems odd! Lots of online retailers adding back stock...

Interesting. Anything else, specifically?

View attachment 37869

View attachment 37870

In the aftermath of the dissolution of adored emo / indie rock bands Mineral and The Gloria Record, songwriter Chris Simpson took a step back from making music for the first time since his mid-teens. And it was during this period where an affinity for the music of the 1960s and ‘70s such as Van Morrison, Leonard Cohen, Harry Nilsson, Bob Dylan, The Velvet Underground and many more, along with the freedom and expression of jazz and artists who radically followed their own vision, took root. With additional inspiration drawn from the arenas of psychology and eastern philosophy, the beauty of the natural world, Simpson’s children and wife, old Time Life books, and the self-stated immenseness of the universe, Mountain Time has become almost more of a state-of-mind than a moniker.

Chris wrote the Mineral song "Parking Lot" which is consider to be the best Emo song ever written.

This, The National Cherry Tree Vol 1, Brent Faiyaz, Nier Automata box set...I feel like there were more restocks than usual today but maybe it’s just a coincidence.

This seems like a good time to list valuable things that you might have been sitting on or too busy to list previously. Every time a release sells out, I wonder if the label/shop is fully out or whether they keep a small stack of copies for a rainy day.

This seems like a good time to list valuable things that you might have been sitting on or too busy to list previously. Every time a release sells out, I wonder if the label/shop is fully out or whether they keep a small stack of copies for a rainy day.

I think that, for the Rowland Howard, specifically, it's an issue of their pre-order alottments selling out and they've just started arriving in shop. Those all went up today, because, when I noticed, I set a restock alert for Juno and got an email within a couple of hours telling me it was back in stock. Banquet listed that they had 5 copies. I've been checking somewhat regularly and no one has had them. Today, I found 4 or 5 shops that did.

This might be a similar case for some of these other releases. Rather than oversell them, they do the pre-order and see what they get in stock. Bullmoose should do that more, because I've had them oversell a number of things on me in the past

Just saw that. I've also read some folks complaining about that mastering sounding flat and lifeless. Never heard it myself, so I don't know.
It seems to be more of a collector's item/completionist type thing. It's interesting to have if you love the album and its the first time the full mix has been issued. But there's also a reason why that album isnt the version that got released originally.

1585322937997.png

View attachment 37992

What the fuck are these song titles...

Back