Pre-Order Thread

I look forward to 20 years down the road to see which variants become dollar bin gems
Reminds me of this old school record collector guy named Paul Major who is know for all the super rare stuff he's found over the years. He mentioned about how he started collecting all these brand new psychedelic records that stores had stock of they couldn't sell so they would put them in cheap bins in the 70's through the 80's. He said that he got many rare ones just buy doing that.

If anyone is looking for the new Bartees Strange album Live Forever, there are some copies still available here: Bartees Strange - Live Forever

mm015lp-c6pinwheel-Store.jpg

MM015lp-c7-BSpl-Store.jpg

woot! thanks for the tag, got that pinwheel one

its funny because i was looking earlier and saw all the ones on his Bandcamp were sold out, then saw on his twitter that a repress was coming... didn't think it would happen the same day tho 😅

FYI, Bullmoose still has copies of one of the two first press variants, the Gold and Red Swirl /300 (3rd most limited variant) in stock:

Unless this is an indie exclusive that happens to have the same description?

Last edited:
FYI, Bullmoose still has copies of one of the two first press variants, the Gold and Red Swirl /300 (3rd most limited variant) in stock:

Unless this is an indie exclusive that happens to have the same description?
ooh, nice find, im gonna stick with the pinwheel because i think it looks cool but the mock-up for this variant looked pretty neat too!

This feels right. I doubt anyone is going to start viewing them as loss-leaders like Best Buy did through the 90s.

But I’m still curious if these are all coming through the usual production channels or if there’s a McRecord factory churning these things out separately.
Isn’t that GZ?

Also, not for nothing and hella late to this conversation, but Target’s been doing exclusives for a minute Timberlake/Swift come to mind. And they’ve done exclusive stuff for ever... they were the retailer for Prince’s Lotusflower/mplsound/whatever the heck the other disc was named and that Pearl Jam album that only I like...

1602550755892.jpeg

1602553631105.jpeg

View attachment 70072

My wife and I are listed on the insert for this release because we supported the kickstarter. It was one of the first records I ever bought. Love this album, it's been awhile though, need to listen again.

vanessa-carlton-be-not-nobody-red-vinyl

Vanessa Carlton

Be Not Nobody​

Red Vinyl​

SINGER/SONGWRITER​

REAL GONE MUSIC 1102​

UPC: 848064011026​

Release Date: 11/27/2020​

Format:
  • Vinyl LP

Collectable Properties:
  • Colored Vinyl