Pre-Order Thread

One of the most exciting indie rock debuts this year up for preorder on Bandcamp and the official website. /200 Bronze and /300 red gold swirl

out October 2nd. I highly (HIGHLY) recommend listening to the 2 pre release tracks, just great indie rock that is familiar and also goes in so many different directions.

tenor.gif
To be somewhat fair, I have a jukebox that holds 100 45s...a lot of others are from entire collections I bought for really cheap so one day I will go through them all again and sell some off + organize them better. Until I buy a house, most are in storage right now.

To be somewhat fair, I have a jukebox that holds 100 45s...a lot of others are from entire collections I bought for really cheap so one day I will go through them all again and sell some off + organize them better. Until I buy a house, most are in storage right now.
I went to a record pop-up one time and this guy was trying to sell me 500 7" for $50. I knew I could easily make that back, but it just pained me to think about all the cleaning, researching, listening (my back hurts thinking about all the flipping), and eventual selling that would need to occur. I love the hobby, but not 500 7 inches love.

The only reason I ever even consider 7"'s is for my buddy who owns a Wurlitzer.

I would love to own a jukebox one day. The Marshall Jukebox is gorgeous if you have an extra 12k laying around.

The only reason I ever even consider 7"'s is for my buddy who owns a Wurlitzer.

I would love to own a jukebox one day. The Marshall Jukebox is gorgeous if you have an extra 12k laying around.
My parents own an old jukebox that I'll hope to get one day. They play it occasionally, but have never changed the stylus, so that's painful to think about.

I went to a record pop-up one time and this guy was trying to sell me 500 7" for $50. I knew I could easily make that back, but it just pained me to think about all the cleaning, researching, listening (my back hurts thinking about all the flipping), and eventual selling that would need to occur. I love the hobby, but not 500 7 inches love.
I definitely went overboard when I got the jukebox but the jukebox was free. My buddy moved to LA from NY and left it behind for me. A lot of the 45s were $2 and under from flea markets and such. I bought someone's entire LP collection once and she had about 200 45s that she didn't want to deal with so she gave me all of those for free hah. I actually had a lot of fun looking them all up and putting into discogs but I hardly ever play them now. The jukebox is in storage too for now as I can't lug it up to the 2nd floor of an apartment building in NYC. But I started to do some maintenance on it. I think my plan will be to eventually update it a tiny bit, replace speakers, etc. one day once I'm settled in somewhere.

Mine isn't nearly as nice as the one @Max Sterling posted but it has a pretty solid 70s charm to it.

9At2a7b.jpg

So much for the "exclusive email" for being a "Khru Club" member! By the time I got the email, it was gone. Ah well, at least it's only a 7" lol
Yea--I didn't dare post it on reddit but figured it was okay to post here since a lot of people were asking about it on here the other day. Someone posted it on reddit and it sold out within minutes.

Yea--I didn't dare post it on reddit but figured it was okay to post here since a lot of people were asking about it on here the other day. Someone posted it on reddit and it sold out within minutes.
Oh I know nowadays with these forums the "secret codes" are pretty much useless. Just found it funny that others got theirs like 30 minutes before I did haha think my email was time stamped around 12:57 and it was gone by like 12:30 lol

I like sevens. I think it takes a different kind of listener. It’s also a different kind of listening session. Having the seven flipbin has greatly increased my actual spinning of them.
Also having a direct drive TT helps. It would be a pain in the ass to switch the belt over every time ya wanted to listen to a 45. I am lazy AF and any extra step beyond pushing a button would cause me to not spin a 45 most of the time.

Also having a direct drive TT helps. It would be a pain in the ass to switch the belt over every time ya wanted to listen to a 45. I am lazy AF and any extra step beyond pushing a button would cause me to not spin a 45 most of the time.
7"ers are like baseball cards to me. Pick 'em up, look at 'em, trade 'em with your friends, stick one in your bike spokes to make a cool sound. But that's about it.

another black jazz reissue exclusive. ltd to 100 on Real Gone. VMP has a variant but y'all probably know how I feel about that...hah

More limited + cheaper through Real Gone.

Guess I should have checked here first. Oh well

Guess I should have checked here first. Oh well
If you ordered from VMP, you could cancel and pick up the version at Real Gone if it's still in stock. I had Coral Keys on preorder and cancelled it through VMP and ordered through Real Gone a few weeks back. I know they sold out of a few of the clear/black swirls now though at Real Gone...but VMP cancelled and refunded within 24 hours.

Back