Pre-Order Thread

Actually the drying 7" is the biggest flaw on a Squeaky Clean. You have to put a piece on to cover the rest of the want and it never stays in place. This is why most of my bonus 7" are still unopened.
I just hold them by the center and dry both sides at once.

Also having a direct drive TT helps. It would be a pain in the ass to switch the belt over every time ya wanted to listen to a 45. I am lazy AF and any extra step beyond pushing a button would cause me to not spin a 45 most of the time.

i mean I have a belt drive table and just need to press a button too...

It’s a bootleg, supposedly it’s sourced from YouTube. The record store attached to it has been pushing it hard over on Reddit.
I received this yesterday and am spinning it now. Sounds great and the red vinyl is flat and quiet. Origins aside, I never would have questioned this based on just listening to it, and it's the only Khruangbin album I own, it's a keeper.

I received this yesterday and am spinning it now. Sounds great and the red vinyl is flat and quiet. Origins aside, I never would have questioned this based on just listening to it, and it's the only Khruangbin album I own, it's a keeper.
Nice! I have the Live at Lincoln Hall record of theirs and i think I only need one live album of theirs but good to know it sounds good!

From the listing: Bernie Grundman mastered the first four titles from analogue masters, with lacquers cut by Grundman and Chris Bellman; Brothers in Arms and On Every Street mastered by Bob Ludwig from digital masters, and cut by Chris Bellman. All are pressed on beautiful 180gm vinyl. The CD running order with full length versions of the tracks have been restored to Brothers In Arms, now presented as a 2xLP set, as well as a double vinyl of On Every Street.

EDIT: Looking on Discogs, I guess this will be a reissue of a box set from 2013. Ride the vinyl craze...

Last edited:
So this is a thing, multiple variants:

Danzig Sings Elvis, by Danzig

0019803666_10.jpg

That looks better than the album sounds

The 7” format is awesome.

It’s a sad day at N&G that there’s even debate about this.

I would propose that someone looking for a 12-inch experience from a 7-inch record is clearly not going to be happy.

It’s like someone eating a snack who thinks it should be dinner. They’re different listening experiences and should be approached as such.

Sometimes a good snack is just really awesome. Sometimes you need a quick boost of energy or something soothing to calm the nerves. Or maybe you need a bite of something that you know is absolutely going to taste damned delicious without having to slog through a long meal to find it.

You feel me? I’m not the guy sitting on my couch for a couple of hours getting up every two minutes to flip 45s.

But give me an amuse-bouche every so often to mix up the flavors, add a pop, change the mood, cleanse the palette, or make things non-routine and interesting.

Enjoy 7-inchers for the special, cool things they are (which are not 12-inchers!).

Last edited:
I don't think anybody is saying it's not a cool format...there are a bunch of back to back posts about how people want jukeboxes to play 7" records hah. It's just that it's not practical for people who know they will never play 7" records to buy them...

Practicality is overrated.
If I was being practical, would I be buying copious numbers easily damaged, hard to store 12 inch discs of vinyl, So I can listen to music?

@Lee Newman - Imagine us going to a nice funky chic bar on the beach, during a warm night, and the DJ is playing funky jams like:

Slave’s “Watching You”
Loose Ends’ “Hangin’ On A String”
Kashif’s “I Just Gotta Have You”,
Howard Johnson’s “So Fine”
TaGardner’s “Heartbeat”
Positive Force’s “We Got The Funk”
Don Blackman’s “Hearst’s Desire”

And both of us are sipping on cocktails and eating tacos and are just having the best time! If I want to go to a block party or to a funky bar on a warm night, it would be with you! 🥥🌴🛶🏖🍹🌮

And omg, imagine if Gilles Peterson or like Larry Levan was the DJ there! We would both be in heaven! 😍😇

joji - ballads will be reissued by TTL soon:

@gaporter you spoke it into existence

oh, god. my little brother is going to annoy the crap out of me into getting this for him even though he doesn't actually collect vinyl records at all :LOL:
Ha, so does that mean what they sell will also be warped? :oops: Strange choice for a video. Kinda reminds me of a lyric insert I was reading yesterday that had so may typos and grammatical errors I found it hard to enjoy the record!

i mean, to be fair, it's very hard to fix a record warp for a video that's due on an immediate deadline, so i can bypass that imo. now, an abundance of typos on a lyrical sheet on the other hand, that's another thing..

I've been looking for this album for a decent price for a while now... but tired of this ridic reissue price. Plus side - all the originals seem to have dropped a bit.

Back