Pre-Order Thread

Money Mark -Change Is Coming “Solid Gold” edition (limited to 250)

Being a ‘90’s kid the Beastie Boys were basically the coolest fucking thing artistically and aesthetically. For a good part of the decade they were the the trendsetters. All that to say I have an affinity for all things Beastie. Money Mark was their weirdo (in all the best ways possible) keyboardist who put out some pretty funky solo joints. No Idea about this label but I saw this listed on Reddit this morning and couldn’t resist pulling the trigger.
Funny thing, I never knew who Money Mark was but in the mid to late 2000’s I was hard into my Jack Johnson, Donavon Frankenreiter, G Love etc. chill music phase and Money Mark put out his Brand New By Tomorrow album on Brushfire Records. I just thought it was some good chill music by some Jack Johnson adjacent person but several years later I find out he played on most of the Beastie Boys albums! Still a pretty good album though. I don’t think I’ve ever listened to any solo albums besides that one though.

Black Belt Eagle Scout - At the Party With My Brown Friends (pre-order, out 8/30)

Saddle Creek Store Exclusive, 3-color striped vinyl. Limited edition of 200.

LBJ-297_LP_SCExclusive_1200x.jpg

Black Belt Eagle Scout - At the Party With My Brown Friends (pre-order, out 8/30)

Kinda funny. I was in both Boy Scouts and martial arts in my not-so-distant younger years. I did indeed reach my Black Belt, but left Scouts before getting close to my Eagle Scout. This band name could've been my life story!

I found these guys randomly this year. Absolute great music! A bit on the heavy side with a hint of mongolian throat singing.

Check it out!

https://shop.missingink.com/thehuofficial = EP of just the 3 songs on the YT account

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/prod...sWMR3PpQQ1deZds9SXon4-VienG_jIh1zKjdMnt7GbRlI = Full Album.

Ahhh, shit, this is cool! Listened to Wolf Totem on YouTube and it's fantastic! Might buy that EP later. Shame that the shipping is $10! They haven't discovered Media Mail lol

Ahhh, shit, this is cool! Listened to Wolf Totem on YouTube and it's fantastic! Might buy that EP later. Shame that the shipping is $10! They haven't discovered Media Mail lol

Glad you loved it :) Its really great aye

A shame about the shipping but I am just so grateful they even bothered to put it on vinyl at this stage haha so im still happy!

Cant wait for that album later in the year!

Kinda funny. I was in both Boy Scouts and martial arts in my not-so-distant younger years. I did indeed reach my Black Belt, but left Scouts before getting close to my Eagle Scout. This band name could've been my life story!
Im an Eagle Scout, but not a black belt. If we team up we can fully actualize this band name.

Wow, didn't expect a second album so soon! Great news. I'm in for this based on the single, not to mention how many times I've spun Mother of My Children since its release.

@Luke and everyone else who has been looking for Gang Starr's Step In The Arena in the US:

ENTER DAD25 AT CHECKOUT FOR 25% OFF THRU 6/18

@Luke and everyone else who has been looking for Gang Starr's Step In The Arena in the US:

You are a great person.

Also has all those Janet Jackson albums too. Gangstarr and 3 of the Janet’s for $80 and change

cross-post from the blues-funk and soul thread

Seratones new release Power on pre-sale (release in late August).
really solid soul record (in playlist of the latest NPR All Song Considered podcast/episode)

available also through Rough Trade (clear coke bottle version) for EU

really solid soul record (in playlist of the latest NPR All Song Considered podcast/episode)

View attachment 5966

I was at a radio station focus group last week and of the new music they played for us this by far got the best response. Everyone loved it. Gonna wait to see if there are any more variants before I hop on.

View attachment 5966

Mentioned a few weeks ago, but worth reupping - the label also has a signed purple version.

Back