Pre-Order Thread

6 days till shop closes

@Max Sterling
This is probably my favorite project from him since Incredible True Story. Not sure I’ll pick this up but if Everybody is an indication I won’t have a chance after this...

This is probably my favorite project from him since Incredible True Story. Not sure I’ll pick this up but if Everybody is an indication I won’t have a chance after this...
Haven't listened to it yet, but I got everybody and was glad I did because I don't think that's going to get repressed, so to complete the collection (minus the shit show that was COADM) I had to pick it up.

I think she’s a bit of a genius, every album from the first has built to another level, all different to the last and all quality releases ..I would urge everyone to check out Ultraviolence...having said that I’m not buying every variant of a spoken word album!
I am quite the LDR fan but doubt I’ll pick this up. If anything I would get the book.
And yes, Ultraviolence is a great album.

At 350 increments...this feels like it could easily reach Black Pumas proportions.

Onto another one now. Brown Marble.

1595596734158.png

Well, I gave Folklore a proper listen and it's wonderful. Went with In the Weeds #2 vinyl variant mostly because I liked the vinyl color and the back cover best. They picked the best cover for the standard release, which makes sense. They also paired it with the most boring vinyl color. Had they all been limited I probably would have picked it anyway, but for some reason in the face of all these choices I had to go with a "limited" version.

Well, I gave Folklore a proper listen and it's wonderful. Went with In the Weeds #2 vinyl variant mostly because I liked the vinyl color and the back cover best. They picked the best cover for the standard release, which makes sense. They also paired it with the most boring vinyl color. Had they all been limited I probably would have picked it anyway, but for some reason in the face of all these choices I had to go with a "limited" version.
I got the In The Weeds version too. Best color of all the versions. But watch it not even come close to matching the mock-up.

I got the In The Weeds version too. Best color of all the versions. But watch it not even come close to matching the mock-up.
Solid colors shouldn't be THAT tricky to get right, but I hear you! haha. The art on these is so great. That photographer must be seeing this and thinking, "man, i f'n KILLED this shoot!"

I did too, but I passed.
For my money, the HAIM record is still the best pop release of 2020
Too bad it will get over-shadowed by TS when we finally get to 2021.

But if I was adding this to my collection, I'd go Weeds.
Best Color Variant by far.

Also, given all the John Mayer love on the boards I thought I'd add: Am I the only one whose immediate takeaway on the cover art was that this is just a 2020 Sepia toned version of this:
1595597673107.png ?

I did too, but I passed.
For my money, the HAIM record is still the best pop release of 2020
Too bad it will get over-shadowed by TS when we finally get to 2021.

But if I was adding this to my collection, I'd go Weeds.
Best Color Variant by far.

Also, given all the John Mayer love on the boards I thought I'd add: Am I the only one whose immediate takeaway on the cover art was that this is just a 2020 Sepia toned version of this:
View attachment 58179 ?
Oh yeah that Haim record is great. It might be their best one yet.

I had forgotten about that John Mayer album cover, but you are right. i see it.

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

I just love the Appleseed Cast. This is their second album and the one where they really started exploring their instrumental skills. Of course their epic Low Level Owl releases were right around the corner too.

I highly recommend this. If you want to go for a cheaper varient I believe the band is selling one themselves.

VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

I just love the Appleseed Cast. This is their second album and the one where they really started exploring their instrumental skills. Of course their epic Low Level Owl releases were right around the corner too.

I highly recommend this. If you want to go for a cheaper varient I believe the band is selling one themselves.
I'm dying for a low level owls repress

You should add the delicacy known as the Raines Sandwich to your menu:

Very good read. And not much has changed today when it comes to loopholes. "Cumo Chips" anyone?

I'm dying for a low level owls repress
Same. I saw them on the anniversary tour for that album. They covered some great songs at the end of the set. I recall them playing a song by this NY Emo/Indie band called The Van Pelt who I recommend you check out. Dreamend opened up the show. It was a Graveface Records tour I guess.

Haven't followed his vinyl releases much...does he just release things once limited and then nothing after? Seems that Everybody had some samples that couldn't be cleared so it was super limited? I'm digging this project so far though...

I went with weeds too.

I think they are all classed as deluxe / limited tbh. The standard just refers to the digital release. The “in the trees” vinyl still has bonus track.

Same. I saw them on the anniversary tour for that album. They covered some great songs at the end of the set. I recall them playing a song by this NY Emo/Indie band called The Van Pelt who I recommend you check out. Dreamend opened up the show. It was a Graveface Records tour I guess.
Haven't heard of the Van Pelt thanks for the recommendation!

Haven't followed his vinyl releases much...does he just release things once limited and then nothing after? Seems that Everybody had some samples that couldn't be cleared so it was super limited? I'm digging this project so far though...
It seems like Under pressure and TITS are available at a reasonable price. With his Young Sinatra releases and with COADM it was similar to this experience, a specific set of days the store was open and after that, no chance to buy it again except from discogs or the like. I did not know Everybody faced sample issues, I was always wondering why it just disappeared from being sold.

I’ll admit I’m in the same boat. AFAIK Everybody was sold at a chunk of retailers and then once it was gone its been gone. With this being his “last” album, I’m not quite sure. Luckily I have a few days to sit and listen to see if I jump.

Back