Pre-Order Thread

Managed to get the Midlake which was my main Wish from norman records . Completes their discography on vinyl and this was my favourite of theirs too. And chucked a libertines in too ..lucked out on the nirvana ....

Sssh...don’t tell the wife

Managed to get the Midlake which was my main Wish from norman records . Completes their discography on vinyl and this was my favourite of theirs too. And chucked a libertines in too ..lucked out on the nirvana ....

Sssh...don’t tell the wife

I decided neon yellow was a bad choice for nirvana so I’ll just save a few quid and I’ll buy the standard at some point 😂

I decided neon yellow was a bad choice for nirvana so I’ll just save a few quid and I’ll buy the standard at some point 😂

Yeah I’ve got the 2 lp black vinyl from sub pop which is really nice..it was a bit of a “Fomo” purchase! This is the problem with these type of events..the only one I really wanted was Midlake ..but I’d brought more if it was in a store on Rsd .I quite like doing this online..I think stores should adopt that loyalty thing and give you half an hour head start ...norman records did a thing that you checked out without paying ..they then checked orders and anyone doing doubles got nothing ..then invoiced you afterwards

Yeah I’ve got the 2 lp black vinyl from sub pop which is really nice..it was a bit of a “Fomo” purchase! This is the problem with these type of events..the only one I really wanted was Midlake ..but I’d brought more if it was in a store on Rsd .I quite like doing this online..I think stores should adopt that loyalty thing and give you half an hour head start ...norman records did a thing that you checked out without paying ..they then checked orders and anyone doing doubles got nothing ..then invoiced you afterwards

I was good, I decided to leave beach house and that nirvana because I don’t NEED either and so stuck to libs and lankum, proud of myself, for once 😂

They’re pressing his Souvenirs record next month and I preordered with Target’s deal, too

I've been checking the "newest added items" each day hoping some of the preorders I want get added before the B2G1 sale ends.

This morning, there's something called "John Prine - The Asylum Albums". I looked quickly, but couldn't find it anywhere else.

There's also a $90 Wilco Summerteeth item, a $53 Joni Mitchell set, and a few other weird things I'm not sure about.

It's the last day of that B2G1 sale, so maybe there's something here for folks?

This link will list vinyl by "newest added". I'm happy they finally included the Collective Soul reissues in the sale. For a while they weren't eligible.

I've been checking the "newest added items" each day hoping some of the preorders I want get added before the B2G1 sale ends.

This morning, there's something called "John Prine - The Asylum Albums". I looked quickly, but couldn't find it anywhere else.

There's also a $90 Wilco Summerteeth item, a $53 Joni Mitchell set, and a few other weird things I'm not sure about.

This link will list vinyl by "newest added". I'm happy they finally included the Collective Soul reissues in the sale. For a while they weren't eligible.

Nice finds! I’m assuming that Prine collection is Bruised Orange, Pink Cadillac, and Storm Windows

1592660179060.png

The Joni Mitchell is listed as "Live at Canterbury House." I found this online: Joni Mitchell - News Item Interesting!

And this: You Can’t Bury Canterbury: Ann Arbor's hidden musical gem (Part 1)

Get it first at Target! Haha! Kind of amazing that they seem to be listing some stuff that for all intents and purposes doesn't yet 'exist' anywhere else.

So how did people do with LRS'20?

I went in hoping for Black Keys (tri-colour), Flume (purple) and Fight Club. I managed to get the first two from Banquet and tried Fight Club with Rough Trade but the website went to shit and despite getting to the shipping options w. it over about 100 reloads, it punted me back when it out was out of stock. Then I checked Discogs and the pink version is selling mint, sealed and shipped, for less than what it was (£50). So I'll place an order for that, pink seems to make more sense anyway imo considering the iconic soap.

Also got Radiohead and Jungle from the links posted here earlier!

didn’t know about LRS before today but managed to buy one of my favourite records by my favourite Scottish band from a record store in Glasgow!

One of the greatest scores ever recorded is finally back, for the last time, in a new and limited colorway. The record comes housed inside a 425gsm gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes by composer Angelo Badalamenti; the cover image by Sam Smith comes approved by David Lynch himself! The gatefold sleeve is then housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text.

“I'm glad that after 25 years, Death Waltz Recording Company has re-released the original soundtrack for Twin Peaks for a new audience to enjoy. This is my defining work as a composer and I’m happy it will get a fresh listen” - Angelo Badalamenti, 2016

Composed by Angelo Badalamenti

Pressed on Laura Palmer Ice Blue Vinyl with artwork by Sam Smith & Jay Shaw

Back