Pre-Order Thread

clint-eastwood-rawhides-clint-eastwood-sings-cowboy-favorites-red-vinyl-red-vinyl

Clint Eastwood

Rawhide's Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites (red vinyl)
Red Vinyl
COUNTRY
REAL GONE MUSIC 1048
UPC: 848064010487
Release Date: 7/31/2020

1591803027860.png

View attachment 51230

Rough Trade Purple Vinyl Exclusive

Also indie exclusive cream colored vinyl as well.
I would be very curious as to how this sounds. Even well recorded soundboards from 1970 often need a lot of work to sound decent and I can't say there was much in the description about what efforts were taken.

I would be very curious as to how this sounds. Even well recorded soundboards from 1970 often need a lot of work to sound decent and I can't say there was much in the description about what efforts were taken.
Exactly. I’m going to hold off a bit until I hear some reports on the sound. Instant buy if it sounds good though. It’s pretty cheap at $19 too. Wonder what the mastering info is? I couldn’t find anything other than they found the original 1/4” tapes.

If ya know, ya know. Comes with the old school logo shirt too if you bundle! Colored copies will be gone within an hour or less.

RIP Tony Sly.

Exactly. I’m going to hold off a bit until I hear some reports on the sound. Instant buy if it sounds good though. It’s pretty cheap at $19 too. Wonder what the mastering info is? I couldn’t find anything other than they found the original 1/4” tapes.
That was my concern - no information is not comforting. These were almost certainly not professionally recorded and on two track tape. Recording onto 2 track, particularly in 1970, was an art and I've heard a lot of terrible SBDs from that era. There also could easily be sound degradation as well. Tapes from this era should get a lot of love and care, including the Plangent process if available. Certainly an important show in the band's history, but I would like to hear if SQ would make it more than a curiosity.

LOL, nah man. I agree it’s not mint. Definitely some defects. My rule of thumb is if it is gonna bother me every time I get it out to play, is it gonna bum be out? If the answer is yes, then I will reach out. It’s good time since you got it early they probably (hopefully) have some extras.

Have you had a chance to spin it yet? How’s it sound?
Spinning now - sounds great!

If ya know, ya know. Comes with the old school logo shirt too if you bundle! Colored copies will be gone within an hour or less.

RIP Tony Sly.
I think they are doing wider colour releases now, since that one and the nofx/frank turner split are available over there european kingsroad merch store as well, that was not the case for the smaller coloured vinyl runs before.
If they do more 25th anniversary releases i hope they do tilt- til it kills

Back