Pre-Order Thread

I am pretty sure that all the reissues (of this phase) are now up on Amazon, Exile, Sticky Fingers, and Some Girls. I have an OG of Some Girls so I good on that. I pre-ordered Sticky Fingers and I probably am gonna grab another copy of Exile St. but I wanna wait and check on the pressing reviews since I already have an older reissue.

Goats Head Soup seems to be the weird exception that remains not reissued.

PIAPTK Newsletter had a couple interesting releases up...
First up, Sloppy Joe & The Cruise - Keep On Cruisin'
It's Jimmy Buffet meets Brian Wilson Meets Jerry Garcia. It's clever, self aware, self-deprecating, beautiful, funny, sad, and infectious.
Deluxe Sunset Splatter Vinyl in Silkscreened and Die Cut cover with a package of Keep on Cruising Rolling Papers and small handmade zine compiling the history of the saga of Sloppy Joe.
shipping out on or around June 15, 2020 edition of 250
View attachment 49971
View attachment 49972
View attachment 49973
After a show in Key West, FL in 2005, Dr. Dog guitarist Doug O'Donnell wandered into a run-down dive bar called Chart Room and ordered a drink. There were only a handful of regulars in the bar, but one of them came over and sat down next to Doug after hearing that he was a touring musician. For the next two hours, this scraggly, bearded man unrolled his own incredible history while Doug unrolled the $5 bills of his touring per diem to keep them both in rum and cokes. The man was “Sloppy” Joe Flappens. In the early to mid-70's, as he told it, Sloppy Joe was one of the kings of the southern Florida beach bar scene. His band, “The Cruise," would pack houses all over the area, years before Jimmy Buffet's “Margaritaville” took the tropical soft rock sound to the top of the charts. Buffett and Flappens worked the same circuit, and, while not exactly friends (there was, according to Joe, “a woman to blame” for this), they occasionally performed together. Sloppy Joe and the Cruise recorded one legendary album in 1975 before disbanding. A tragic accident left Joe unable to play guitar and the completed album was shelved - literally (above Joe's couch, next to his record collection). He spent the ensuing years as a fishing guide, maintaining a laid back lifestyle in obscurity until his death in 2018. At that point Doug (who had become Joe's biggest fan and occasional penpal) received the master tapes in the mail (per Joe's will) and began trying to expose the world to this lost classic.

EDIT: Bonus Lathe Cut 7" available. if you are diggin' this, have an IG account (I don't) you can Pre-order from PIAPTK direct and take the "Fruity Drink" Challenge details on their site below.
Holy shit is this great
Wow didn't expect to be grabbing something like this today. Only 41 left on Bandcamp btw
Ditto. I could use some Trop-Rock in my life with everything going on in the world.
Love the backstory, trop-rock theme, and all around design of the physical product but am struggling to get past the Mr. Sloppy Joe's vocals. Can someone please spin me a reason as why I'm just not "getting it" on a first listen? I need this (I think).

Any of you get yours yet (if you ordered one). If so, was yours a little roughed up? I am talking about the jacket mostly - just looks like it was almost purposely done a bit lo-fi.

Any of you get yours yet (if you ordered one). If so, was yours a little roughed up? I am talking about the jacket mostly - just looks like it was almost purposely done a bit lo-fi.
I think they were shipped from Tucson so yours was probable the first to land. I know it said they were screen printed, how rough is it?

Goats Head Soup seems to be the weird exception that remains not reissued.
Back in February, in an interview Jagger said they were just finishing up a “deluxe reissue” of GHS so maybe we’ll see it in the fall or winter. It’s either my favorite or tied with “Sticky Fingers” for my favorite Stones album, so I’m on board.

Back in February, in an interview Jagger said they were just finishing up a “deluxe reissue” of GHS so maybe we’ll see it in the fall or winter. It’s either my favorite or tied with “Sticky Fingers” for my favorite Stones album, so I’m on board.

It’d be tempting, it’s 5th for me after “the big 4” but that OG I have sounds so damn good that I don’t know whether it’s be worth it!

OK, not *that* rough.. but here's photos:

Am I being too picky?

LOL, nah man. I agree it’s not mint. Definitely some defects. My rule of thumb is if it is gonna bother me every time I get it out to play, is it gonna bum be out? If the answer is yes, then I will reach out. It’s good time since you got it early they probably (hopefully) have some extras.

Have you had a chance to spin it yet? How’s it sound?

LOL, nah man. I agree it’s not mint. Definitely some defects. My rule of thumb is if it is gonna bother me every time I get it out to play, is it gonna bum be out? If the answer is yes, then I will reach out. It’s good time since you got it early they probably (hopefully) have some extras.

Have you had a chance to spin it yet? How’s it sound?
Not yet - its in queue for tomorrow!

Not yet - its in queue for tomorrow!
The owner sent me a nice reply. I’ll share it because I respect his response and attention to customer service.

“Hi Scott, these sleeves are all handmade. Hand silkscreened, cut one at a time on a cricut cutter, (i think that was what caused the thing you sent the picture of) and hand assembled. Extremely labor intensive and im (intentionally) not the kind of silkscreener that is good enough to charge $75 retail for something like a poster, so They all have unique little imperfections. Imperfectly perfect is our stock and trade. It was made by a real person (me), and i kinda like that it looks that way. Each one is unique. Honestly, if that is the only thing you notice as an imperfection, you probably got one of the better ones! 🤣

Regardless, i hope you enjoy it. A lot of work went into it, and a lot of love. Its one of my favorite of the 300 releases ive had a hand in over the last 15 years.”

The owner sent me a nice reply. I’ll share it because I respect his response and attention to customer service.

“Hi Scott, these sleeves are all handmade. Hand silkscreened, cut one at a time on a cricut cutter, (i think that was what caused the thing you sent the picture of) and hand assembled. Extremely labor intensive and im (intentionally) not the kind of silkscreener that is good enough to charge $75 retail for something like a poster, so They all have unique little imperfections. Imperfectly perfect is our stock and trade. It was made by a real person (me), and i kinda like that it looks that way. Each one is unique. Honestly, if that is the only thing you notice as an imperfection, you probably got one of the better ones! 🤣

Regardless, i hope you enjoy it. A lot of work went into it, and a lot of love. Its one of my favorite of the 300 releases ive had a hand in over the last 15 years.”

That's cool, and should allay your concerns. You should print out his reply and keep it with the record!

Mine is coming in hot tomorrow! Thanks for the information on the lo-fi packaging, this should hopefully put my OCD in check.

1591796375633.png

Rough Trade Purple Vinyl Exclusive

Also indie exclusive cream colored vinyl as well.

Purple Vinyl from Rough Trade

Back