Pre-Order Thread

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-063!

Want to know more about our label and our releases - come visit us in the Vinyl Clubs Section Here....

Soul Step Records is proud to announce the release of Bendigo Fletcher’s classic LP, “Consensual Wisdom” on vinyl for the first time! This is the Third release that Bendigo Fletcher and Soul Step has collaborated on. “Consensual Wisdom” is one of the most demanded albums asked of Soul Step to release. On May 2nd, 2020 - we make that demand a reality.

Bendigo Fletcher is for fans of early My Morning Jacket, Nathaniel Rateliff, and The Fleet Foxes. There is nothing that will ever take the place of a well written song. This album is full of some of the best modern Americana music being made today. Songs of love, songs of wondering the forest, and songs of finding yourself. Put “Consensual Wisdom” on the turntable, close your eyes and imagine yourself floating down the river on a warm summer day.

Bendigo Fletcher has booked sets at many of the festivals around the region such as Forecastle Festival, St. Louis Americana Festival, and The Dogwood Arts Festival. They have completed tours across the country opening up for the likes of Rayland Baxter, Mt. Joy, Houndmouth, and Caamp.

Soul Step Records will be releasing “Consensual Wisdom” by Bendigo Fletcher to Soul Step Record Subscribers on Saturday, May 2nd. The general public sale will begin on Monday, May 4th. We will have this limited to 100 FALL LEAVES SPLATTER Vinyl!

IMG_9207.jpg

Courtney Marie Andrews - 'Old Flowers'

Limited Edition Sonoron Sky vinyl - $20

0018775805_10.jpg

1588083733885.png

1588083762102.png

Thank you for this! The Prine box set was at the top of the list for RSD but after his passing, I thought it was going to be a long shot to get. The only one I have is Sweet Revenge so definitely grabbing these when they hit Bullmoose or Plaid Room

Up at Bullmoose now.

@Dead C -- did you ever get your Teenage Snuff Film record from Juno? I just got mine in the mail and sadly it's the plain black version...wondering if that happened to you as well since I'm pretty sure you ordered from there too?

Do we know anything about the mastering on these?
I was just assuming these are just represses of the Rhinos, are they not? The Kevin Gray mastered Rhinos are great. They sound just as good (the same, pretty much) as originals but have dead quiet surfaces. Pick up Sweet Revenge and Diamonds in the Rough if you can. I’ve never liked Common Sense but I’m sure that one sounds great too. The self titled is out of reach now though.

Ben Folds Five - Ben Folds Five:

Phish - Junta:

I was just assuming these are just represses of the Rhinos, are they not? The Kevin Gray mastered Rhinos are great. They sound just as good (the same, pretty much) as originals but have dead quiet surfaces. Pick up Sweet Revenge and Diamonds in the Rough if you can. I’ve never liked Common Sense but I’m sure that one sounds great too. The self titled is out of reach now though.
I have originals of Sweet Revenge and the s/t that don't have noise issues, but I might have to go for Bruised Orange. I can't believe the prices for those now.

"iam8bit is always keen on innovation, and the Ape Out vinyl soundtrack is truly a first-of-its-kind revelation. This is an experimental “LIVE” album, but instead of microphones on stage, we put a controller in the hands of developer Gabe Cuzzillo to drive the performance. The results are frenetic, beautiful, rhythmic and unlike anything you’ve ever heard. That’s thanks to brilliant procedural music and sound design by Matt Boch, who empowers players to be their own band. The listening experience is akin to witnessing a King Kong drum circle of jazz greats madly riffing — sharp, energetic percussive beats, bumps and thumps flowing and jiving in inexplicably awesome ways. This is one of the coolest — and most insane — pieces of wax you’ll treat your turntable to."
1588094161495.png

@Dead C -- did you ever get your Teenage Snuff Film record from Juno? I just got mine in the mail and sadly it's the plain black version...wondering if that happened to you as well since I'm pretty sure you ordered from there too?

Yeah, mine was blue. It was also creased because of those trash mailers they use. They offered a full refund to send it back or a ₤5 credit, since they are out of stock.

Rough Trade UK still had the blue

Yeah, mine was blue. It was also creased because of those trash mailers they use. They offered a full refund to send it back or a ₤5 credit, since they are out of stock.

Rough Trade UK still had the blue
So bogus...I have a feeling they are going to stick me with a credit because I didn't know it wasn't blue until I opened it. My order specifically said the blue variant...guess I'll see what they say. My local had the regular black version so I would have just picked that up from them if that was the one I wanted...

So bogus...I have a feeling they are going to stick me with a credit because I didn't know it wasn't blue until I opened it. My order specifically said the blue variant...guess I'll see what they say. My local had the regular black version so I would have just picked that up from them if that was the one I wanted...

They sent you the wrong copy. You can get a refund

Ben Folds Five - Ben Folds Five:

Phish - Junta:

Is SRC reliable again for preorders? I still have an open order from over a year ago that was never filled.

Phish - Junta:

I went with Acoustic Sounds for the Junta, instead. They are the only ones specifying this pressing

AJEP_59008__150419__04212020100736-8262.jpg

Last edited:
Back