Pre-Order Thread

I just haven't looked for it for years.

I am old man
It is pretty crazy that it’s out of stock all the time though. I used to go into a record store every few weeks in college and there was always plenty of copies of the big SST sellers from Minutemen, Black Flag, Husker Du for soooo cheap. This was about ten years ago though.

Just stumbled upon news of this surprise release from Alice Phoebe Lou back in December, 2021. ~$36 shipped to the US, from her website.

@Ghost
Saw her live in LA last week and was surprised to see a mysterious album (child’s play) on the table. Picked it up and got it signed by her, even got some verbal interest from her in appearing on my podcast, Her show was absolutely freaking stellar! A43FA7BB-47A2-4DAC-81AC-A22B6CD89867.jpeg

Saw her live in LA last week and was surprised to see a mysterious album (child’s play) on the table. Picked it up and got it signed by her, even got some verbal interest from her in appearing on my podcast, Her show was absolutely freaking stellar! View attachment 130536
You’ll have to share a link to your podcast!

Saw her live in LA last week and was surprised to see a mysterious album (child’s play) on the table. Picked it up and got it signed by her, even got some verbal interest from her in appearing on my podcast, Her show was absolutely freaking stellar! View attachment 130536
Color me green with envy! That's awesome. Love the photo!

Double Nickels On the Time restock alert!!!

@ranbalam @Dead C @Corycm

I picked one up if anyone misses out

Double Nickels On the Time restock alert!!!

@ranbalam @Dead C @Corycm

I picked one up if anyone misses out
OOS already...that was fast.

Edit: And if you have one to sell I'd happily take it off your hands.

Hailey Whitters/Raised (Crystal Clear)

Hailey Whitters

Raised (Crystal Clear)​

@Endtro @wynn72 @KenKaniff

omg….

the artstyle for this record doesnt even match the style from the original… it looks something more like adventure time or even rick & morty …

i was expecting something more like the jacket looking like any of the three notebooks and the inside sleeves being scans of the pages from the notebooks.
this instead looks like a half-assed spin-off impression, yea, i dont like it :(
the sleeve was done by Ghostshrimp...the guy who helped create the look of adventure time (he designed a lot of the backgrounds and worked on the show for 8 seasons). He's done a lot of album covers too. i think it's cool--don't think they meant for it to look like the style of the show.

the sleeve was done by Ghostshrimp...the guy who helped create the look of adventure time (he designed a lot of the backgrounds and worked on the show for 8 seasons). He's done a lot of album covers too. i think it's cool--don't think they meant for it to look like the style of the show.

Totally subjective but as a big fan of ghost shrimp, this is probably my least favorite thing I've seen of his. For comparison check out his Nehruvian/DOOM album art.
4D6ADECD-FC85-448C-897B-AAE2E26A312B.jpeg

1646074307281.png

Totally subjective but as a big fan of ghost shrimp, this is probably my least favorite thing I've seen of his. For comparison check out his Nehruvian/DOOM album art.
View attachment 130607
Yea--I love that Nehruvian Doom cover. I was more pointing out that it's not an adventure time rip off really because ghostshrimp's style pretty much IS adventure time haha. I have a huge signed print of his somewhere in my house that I haven't hung up yet but I'm a big fan of his work usually.

Agree that this isn't my favorite, but I'm also not super familiar with Gravity Falls. Just saying that i don't think they would have hired Ghostshrimp to try to mimic the style of the show.

Back