Pre-Order Thread

Expensive new version of Madlib's Sound Ancestors with a unique cover from fatbeats.

Expensive new version of Madlib's Sound Ancestors with a unique cover from fatbeats.

Jason Jagel is amazing, actually funny because him and Ghostshrimp are two artists I both follow on IG. Funny how both of them have come up in the last page.

Rappcats actually posted this months ago. Looks like copies are still around

EDIT: They still have it for cheaper

Second wave of preorders are live for all the folk that missed wave one

Only took about seven months or so but it seems this may be alive. I just got an email my payment method was invalid - wondering if it's because I used Paypal and this is now an ancient order - so look at your email.

the sleeve was done by Ghostshrimp...the guy who helped create the look of adventure time (he designed a lot of the backgrounds and worked on the show for 8 seasons). He's done a lot of album covers too. i think it's cool--don't think they meant for it to look like the style of the show.

Yea--I love that Nehruvian Doom cover. I was more pointing out that it's not an adventure time rip off really because ghostshrimp's style pretty much IS adventure time haha. I have a huge signed print of his somewhere in my house that I haven't hung up yet but I'm a big fan of his work usually.

Agree that this isn't my favorite, but I'm also not super familiar with Gravity Falls. Just saying that i don't think they would have hired Ghostshrimp to try to mimic the style of the show.

i’m not necessarily dissing at the artist, fwiw the album cover does look nice when judged on its own, i’m more so picking at disney’s and iam8bit’s decision to have someone else do the artwork instead of the original creative artist(s). like, with TV/movie/game soundtracks, i want the physical copy artwork to reflect the media that it represents as close to it as possible. in this case, i am not getting that at all.

(disclaimer: i did not pre-order this record, nor do i want to, but i like gravity falls enough to still commentate on this lol)

i’m not necessarily dissing at the artist, fwiw the album cover does look nice when judged on its own, i’m more so picking at disney’s and iam8bit’s decision to have someone else do the artwork instead of the original creative artist(s). like, with TV/movie/game soundtracks, i want the physical copy artwork to reflect the media that it represents as close to it as possible. in this case, i am not getting that at all.

(disclaimer: i did not pre-order this record, nor do i want to, but i like gravity falls enough to still commentate on this lol)
Mondo does this all the time too. It’s how they got well-known —by getting other artists to interpret a movie or TV show in their own style. It makes sense to me why they did it. Ghostshrimp has quite a large following, especially in the animation world. I understand why people who are fans of the show may not like it though or wish the artwork was more related to the show.

Only took about seven months or so but it seems this may be alive. I just got an email my payment method was invalid - wondering if it's because I used Paypal and this is now an ancient order - so look at your email.
Same, I reauthorized my payment.

1646146219785.png

Back