Pre-Order Thread

Amazon's own shipping is at least as responsible as the returns, since it's often the root cause of the return in the first place.
The only time I get a record in a padded mailer is when it is shipped from the US. I always get them in a box or mailer. Though often the box is just the record and a few air baggies. I am lucky in that I live very close to their main Ontario station, so the item is in a box often less than 24hrs.

Amazon's own shipping is at least as responsible as the returns, since it's often the root cause of the return in the first place.
Yea--I've seen some horror stories but have mostly been lucky with them. I have had one instance of bad shipping from Amazon and it was a warehouse purchase. I got a Courtney Barnett record and they literally slapped a shipping label on the shrink wrap of the record and put it in the mail hah. Otherwise, I usually get the record mailer inside of a bigger box.

There has also been the issue lately that's becoming more widespread of people "returning" albums but swapping what record is inside or even swap the entire record for an older beat up version of the record. I figure it's only a matter of time before Amazon changes their vinyl return policies.
This happened to me a couple weeks back. I ordered a copy of the Gin Blossoms' Congratulations I'm Sorry and the box arrived with a second sealed mailer that had "Congratulations I'm Sorry" on an address label on it (which I found strange from Amazon). Opened it up and it was a not great looking copy of Marvin Gaye's In Our Lifetime. Chatted with Amazon and they wanted me to drop it off at a UPS store before they would mail a replacement; I told them that was inconvenient and they wouldn't schedule pick up so we fought for a bit and they just sent a replacement. I then had to do a second customer service chat because they charged me for the replacement as well.

1627481237969.png

1627481258044.png

This happened to me a couple weeks back. I ordered a copy of the Gin Blossoms' Congratulations I'm Sorry and the box arrived with a second sealed mailer that had "Congratulations I'm Sorry" on an address label on it (which I found strange from Amazon). Opened it up and it was a not great looking copy of Marvin Gaye's In Our Lifetime. Chatted with Amazon and they wanted me to drop it off at a UPS store before they would mail a replacement; I told them that was inconvenient and they wouldn't schedule pick up so we fought for a bit and they just sent a replacement. I then had to do a second customer service chat because they charged me for the replacement as well.

I'll echo this. Admittedly, it's rare, but we all know Amazon really isn't checking these returns and I am stunned it doesn't happen more often. I think I got some Yungblud live album instead of a Joan Jett Warehouse record I ordered. I know anything I've returned could have been substituted with something less good in my collection and I'd probably get the refund from it, especially if I opt for credit over cash.

I'll echo this. Admittedly, it's rare, but we all know Amazon really isn't checking these returns and I am stunned it doesn't happen more often. I think I got some Yungblud live album instead of a Joan Jett Warehouse record I ordered. I know anything I've returned could have been substituted with something less good in my collection and I'd probably get the refund from it, especially if I opt for credit over cash.
This is the way.

This is the way.
Every experience ordering vinyl from Amazon over the past year was a negative one for me: either wrong item, damaged item, no shipping padding, no shipping box, shipped in a paper envelope, hassled returns, package hurled at my porch like a frisbee by an Amazon delivery person, or swindling third party sellers who create a label but don't ship the item. I just stopped buying vinyl from them completely a few months ago after repeated examples of them giving zero f***s.

View attachment 106944

Looking forward to more Sleigh Bells

View attachment 106944

Anyone have a discount code for newbury?

Every experience ordering vinyl from Amazon over the past year was a negative one for me: either wrong item, damaged item, no shipping padding, no shipping box, shipped in a paper envelope, hassled returns, package hurled at my porch like a frisbee by an Amazon delivery person, or swindling third party sellers who create a label but don't ship the item. I just stopped buying vinyl from them completely a few months ago after repeated examples of them giving zero f***s.
I'm in the same boat. I made exceptions a few times for great deals but they canceled all five orders of mine in the last month, so f'em.

from sleigh bells site

According to Reddit this one has $13 shipping, which puts it closer to Newbury price. After taxes and shipping newbury was like $40.30. I went with newbury because I like the color and I would assume their CS would be better than sleigh bells webstore in case something goes wrong

Last edited:
No one has posted this yet? John Prine-Fair and Square (Irish Edition) going super fast:

Judging by this terminology I am guessing there will be an indie exclusive.

John Prine's Grammy Award-winning album Fair & Square WILL BE AVAILABLE October 1st in three editions as a double LP for the first on vinyl time in sixteen years.

Back