Pre-Order Thread

1627413786048.png

1627414098682.png

1627414305006.png

aesop-rock-labor-days-copper-nugget-vinyl-2lp-20th-anniv-edition

Aesop Rock

Labor Days (Copper Nugget Vinyl)​

2lp 20th Anniv Edition​

Erroll Garner LIBERATION IN SWING: CENTENNIAL COLLECTION (deluxe limited edition)
Screenshot_20210727-173845_Chrome.jpg

View attachment 106825

View attachment 106826

I'm not familiar with this artist but I'm really liking the two songs available for a listen on bandcamp.

Word of warning for Canadians who order from Amazon.ca.

I have to return my copy of Pure Phase (one track riddled with non-fill, a real mess). I don't do a lot of returns with Amazon but was wanting a replacment (which I have done before no problem). When I got the the replace portion, I was given the option to replace the title with "an item from my viewing history". I could not request a replacement of the specific record.

I tried it with a few different variations over a couple of days to see if I could get it replaced with another copy of Pure Phase but no luck. My only option was to either return for refund or replace with a different item, which was filled with items I have bought in the past (including cat toys/treats and charging cables). I checked and Pure Phase is listed as in stock and shipping right away so it was not like it was out of stock.

Very disappointing. Not sure if it was just the specific item or a policy shift,, but something to watch

Word of warning for Canadians who order from Amazon.ca.

I have to return my copy of Pure Phase (one track riddled with non-fill, a real mess). I don't do a lot of returns with Amazon but was wanting a replacment (which I have done before no problem). When I got the the replace portion, I was given the option to replace the title with "an item from my viewing history". I could not request a replacement of the specific record.

I tried it with a few different variations over a couple of days to see if I could get it replaced with another copy of Pure Phase but no luck. My only option was to either return for refund or replace with a different item, which was filled with items I have bought in the past (including cat toys/treats and charging cables). I checked and Pure Phase is listed as in stock and shipping right away so it was not like it was out of stock.

Very disappointing. Not sure if it was just the specific item or a policy shift,, but something to watch
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a policy shift. Amazon returns have been causing record prices to go up in the past few years since they charge back the labels and have the purchasing power to do so. There has also been the issue lately that's becoming more widespread of people "returning" albums but swapping what record is inside or even swap the entire record for an older beat up version of the record. I figure it's only a matter of time before Amazon changes their vinyl return policies. I've even seen people return albums just because they preordered and ended up not liking it after spinning it haha.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a policy shift. Amazon returns have been causing record prices to go up in the past few years since they charge back the labels and have the purchasing power to do so. There has also been the issue lately that's becoming more widespread of people "returning" albums but swapping what record is inside or even swap the entire record for an older beat up version of the record. I figure it's only a matter of time before Amazon changes their vinyl return policies. I've even seen people return albums just because they preordered and ended up not liking it after spinning it haha.
Strange thing is I can see them limiting return for refunds to being store credit. But only allowing return for different product or refund won't stop the issues you mentioned.

Strange thing is I can see them limiting return for refunds to being store credit. But only allowing return for different product or refund won't stop the issues you mentioned.
Oh yea--definitely weird hah. Their goal is probably to make it more annoying to do a return. In the past with some big box stores, most places would just tell me to keep the damaged product and not bother returning it but I noticed that has changed a lot lately.

Oh yea--definitely weird hah. Their goal is probably to make it more annoying to do a return. In the past with some big box stores, most places would just tell me to keep the damaged product and not bother returning it but I noticed that has changed a lot lately.
Amazon used to do that as well, cost more to process the return so would often say keep it.

Back