Pre-Order Thread

can-live-in-stuttgart-1975-limited-edition-orange-vinyl-3lp

Can

Live in Stuttgart 1975 (Limited Edition Orange Vinyl)​

3LP​

Another AFI Variant on the label site. Probably my favorite variant, which Im happy about since I was leaning towards Warners and I HATE their shipping

Recommended

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

Recommended

Ugh, wish they could have listed them all last week so I didn't pay shipping twice... Alas.

Recommended

literally posted last night on the fresh grabs thread that i got stages 1-3 in the mail yesterday, and that i was waiting for 4-6 to get repressed as well. the timing could not be any more perfect

William Goldsmith's new band's debut.

As the dust settled on an impressive list of former endeavors, it was an unlikely series of human connections that sparked the inception of Assertion. After years of self-described music industry PTSD and disenchantment, drummer William Goldsmith (Sunny Day Real Estate, The Fire Theft, Foo Fighters), guitarist/vocalist Justin Tamminga (Blind Guides, Dying Trades), bassist Bryan Gorder united through a series of serendipitous events. Best described adjectively, the band's debut LP, Intermission, is real, propulsive, and earnest -- a cathartic experience that proudly does not nestle nicely alongside current bands -- or really many releases at all from the last couple decades. Intermission conjures more connections to the heady grit and soaring grind of the 90's. Driving guitars anchored by a frenetic rhythm section. A haunting vocal delivery concealing a heartfelt sentiment. Track-by-track, the record builds into a dark and heavy crescendo but unpredictably retreats into delicate and fragile moments in masterful ways.

1614274920492.png

Back