Pre-Order Thread

For single LPs I think that is my cut off too. Well, there are a couple exceptions. The In Rainbow diskbox was close to $100 but that is technically a Boxset. The only other one I can think of that was more was my copy of Brightblack Morning Light’s Self-titled LP which is OOP and I doubt coming back into print any time soon. I think that one was approximately $68 shipped which was actually a really good price at the time. Beyond that I start getting sweaty at around $50.
I think that’s my range, too. I’ll go up to $60 for a white whale. If it’s more than that, I’m better off waiting for a reissue or a major stroke of luck.

For anyone not already entertained/annoyed by our struggles in the Hip Hop thread, there is a new Armand Hammer + The Alchemist - Haram up for pre order:

tw: pig heads

direct link to vinyl only

There is also tapes/cds/bundles/merch in the shop.

Site is not working great, to say the least. Credit card seems to work better than paypal.
I thought about getting this, but I refuse to based on the hideous album cover alone.

I thought about getting this, but I refuse to based on the hideous album cover alone.
Fair enough. I can dig the artistic statement but won't be hanging it on my wall for sure.

There is some hope that Alc might do an alt cover, as he is known to do for his releases, so keep an eye out. Looks like the Backwoodz version is showing sold out.

Not an original but you can buy them.

His neck is so thick it looks like he’s wearing a turtleneck

The most simple explanation is - the plant itself will not allow quantities in excess of 25. They are done with their own methods and are handmade. The cost per unit is quite high for the items themselves as well, compared to your standard vinyl. I really wish we could get them in larger numbers but the additional time it takes to make them is what holds them back I believe.

That's why we have the LTD/100 versions as well - so there are some beautiful wax to go around. Hope that answers the question!
This explains them why Wax Vessel Records always does about 25 for each of their releases. They are a small Chicago label that specializes in very very limited 300 print, one time only, vinyl releases for sorta obscure Death Metal / MySpace Grindcore bands. Their other variants are some of the best I've ever seen and they sell out immediately each month when they do a drop. Secondhand prices for those records are insane.

Anyone into Madchester and/or Compilations?
Resident just emailed me about this pre-order with photobook.
Ltd. Clear Variant if you get in early.

I feel like this might be something for @Joe Mac and other Doves devotees.

Track List
lp 1
side a
a1. blur - young and lovely
a2. suede - he’s dead
a3. elastica - pussycat
a4. the auteurs - lenny valentino (original mix)
a5. echobelly - today, tomorrow, sometime, never (live, wetlands, new york)
a6. gene - be my light, be my guide
a7. menswear - i’ll manage somehow (original single mix)

side b
b1. the lightning seeds - lucifer sam
b2. ride - black nite crash
b3. the boo radleys - what’s in the box (see whatcha got)
b4. ash - does your mother know
b5. dodgy - grateful moon
b6. lush - ciao!
b7. pulp - razzmatazz (acoustic version)

lp 2
side c
c1. primal scream - jailbird (dust brothers remix)
c2. paul weller vs. portishead - wild wood (sheared wood remix)
c3. radiohead - planet telex (hexidecimalmix)
c4. supergrass - just dropped in (to see what condition my condition was in)
c5. marion - let’s all go together (slide mix)
c6. the bluetones - marblehead johnson

side d
d1. the charlatans - the two of us
d2. shed seven - dolphin
d3. kula shaker - tattva (lucky 13 mix)
d4. kenickie - in your car
d5. sleeper - atomic
d6. oasis - champagne supernova (brendan lynch mix)
What no Happy Mondays or Inspiral Carpets? No Soup Dragons or Ned's Atomic DUSTBIN? No Stone Roses? Not even EMF?

Anyway this is a friggin' awesome compilation regardless.

Everybody has their price

Fun story- when I was in college I worked a conference this megachurch in Phoenix was putting on for some burrito cash. This church was an absolute unit, and Alice Cooper and Ted DiBiase attended. I'm actually following along this tour that DiBiase was giving to these VIP members and we are going through the full size gym and there is this kid, maybe 10 years old, shooting basketball. As he leads the group through, Ted calls the kid over and pulls out a $100 bill and says "Kid, I'll give you this hundred if you can dribble that ball 20 times without losing it." Kid's eyes just light up and he starts into it. The whole group (mostly senior pastors) are loving it, counting along with him. The kid gets to 16,17,18 and at 19 Ted just PUNTS this basketball across the gym and literally roars with laughter. He looks down at this dumbstruck kid and says "NEVER MAKE A DEAL WITH THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN" in full on wrestler voice volume. There is an audible gasp from the group and the sound of me cracking. the fuck. up. He then directed the group on and when they were distracted he slipped the kid the hundred anyway with a knowing wink.

I laughed for like two days straight over that.

Fun story- when I was in college I worked a conference this megachurch in Phoenix was putting on for some burrito cash. This church was an absolute unit, and Alice Cooper and Ted DiBiase attended. I'm actually following along this tour that DiBiase was giving to these VIP members and we are going through the full size gym and there is this kid, maybe 10 years old, shooting basketball. As he leads the group through, Ted calls the kid over and pulls out a $100 bill and says "Kid, I'll give you this hundred if you can dribble that ball 20 times without losing it." Kid's eyes just light up and he starts into it. The whole group (mostly senior pastors) are loving it, counting along with him. The kid gets to 16,17,18 and at 19 Ted just PUNTS this basketball across the gym and literally roars with laughter. He looks down at this dumbstruck kid and says "NEVER MAKE A DEAL WITH THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN" in full on wrestler voice volume. There is an audible gasp from the group and the sound of me cracking. the fuck. up. He then directed the group on and when they were distracted he slipped the kid the hundred anyway with a knowing wink.

I laughed for like two days straight over that.
That’s a great f-ing story.

Hope you did! Honestly as a huuuuge fan of pre reformation Dino Jr, I am a huge slacker on their stuff since then. I need to revisit all of their newer albums and pick up a few. I dunno if I'll pre order this one but I might pre order a hat! :ROFLMAO:
You are in for a treat, if anything they've gotten better. I like to think J is being less of a dick to Lou and thus now they are firing on all cylinders, but whatever's going on with them, they're really, really banging.

blackberry-smoke-you-hear-georgia-teal-vinyl

Blackberry Smoke

You Hear Georgia (Teal Vinyl)​

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!
Finally a grail that had never been pressed before:)

Now on Bullmoose if you want the cheaper shipping.

1614265374063.png

Back