Pre-Order Thread

Was tempted, until I saw the price without shipping. I’ll stick with my Piñata ‘74.

these are like the fourth or fifth different variants of piñata from newburry lol.

i want to believe that someone in the newburry team is like “we need to repress a new variant of piñata already, that thing is a classic”

and everyone else in that meeting just nods and says “yessir”

these are like the fourth or fifth different variants of piñata from newburry lol.

i want to believe that someone in the newburry team is like “we need to repress a new variant of piñata already, that thing is a classic”

and everyone else in that meeting just nods and says “yessir”
Don't blame them....they keep selling out and then selling for crazy prices on discogs/ebay.

They better not cancel my Grateful Dead mofis only to jack them up higher 🤬😂
Hope not! I know that someone said that they had some MoFis ordered that were in stock, then told they were OOS and then a few days later back in stock at jacked up prices...hasn't happened to me yet. I've gotten 5 albums now I think from MoFi from being backordered. None were cancelled and none were jacked up in price between me ordering and when they came back into stock. MD seems to only jack up price on the very last few right before albums go OOP. Supposedly the Miles - Jack Johnson wasn't a repress but they found a box.

Just frustrating overall with all these companies flipping their own product.

Hope not! I know that someone said that they had some MoFis ordered that were in stock, then told they were OOS and then a few days later back in stock at jacked up prices...hasn't happened to me yet. I've gotten 5 albums now I think from MoFi from being backordered. None were cancelled and none were jacked up in price between me ordering and when they came back into stock. MD seems to only jack up price on the very last few right before albums go OOP. Supposedly the Miles - Jack Johnson wasn't a repress but they found a box.

Just frustrating overall with all these companies flipping their own product.

Eugh everything I read about MoFI and MD makes me like them less. They’re sounding increasingly like a shit cross between VMP and a cogs flipper but with better pressings.

Eugh everything I read about MoFI and MD makes me like them less. They’re sounding increasingly like VMP but with better pressings.
Music Direct is generally awesome, especially for gear. I have only noticed the price increases somewhat recently and one person mentioned in the audiophile pressing thread that their orders were cancelled and then more copies at an inflated price went up on the store a little later. It seems to only be happening with MoFi pressings they sell too. They aren't the only seller doing it either...the Toad Hall records guy, who does videos about MoFi news, is just a shop but they jack up the prices on last copies of albums too. They were selling the last copies of Oh Mercy for $100 each.

Music Direct is generally awesome, especially for gear. I have only noticed the price increases somewhat recently and one person mentioned in the audiophile pressing thread that their orders were cancelled and then more copies at an inflated price went up on the store a little later. It seems to only be happening with MoFi pressings they sell too. They aren't the only seller doing it either...the Toad Hall records guy, who does videos about MoFi news, is just a shop but they jack up the prices on last copies of albums too. They were selling the last copies of Oh Mercy for $100 each.

Let’s separate the gear side out. It’s clearly a different experience and not relevant.

The complaints are all valid. From an international standpoint I have found them to be unpleasant and dismissive to deal with. They clearly aren’t packaging their records right. The A&R stinks. The other shops doing that is wrong and leaves a bad taste. MD doing it is far far far worse! They own the damn label making the records, they’re abusing their market position. Then the rotten cherry on the shit pie? Cancelling orders and then re-listing at the flipper price. That is absolutely one of the most disgusting business practices I’ve heard in a long time.

Fuck them, fuck them hard.

Back